Optimization suggestion for 1P mini

lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
I have to ask for two minor changes in the right-click menu of an item in the 1P mini:

• It would be great if I just could click on the i.e. field "username" to copy it and not have to click on this tiny symbol :)
  • I haven't found the content of a field anywhere in there, I just mean to show it anywhere in there, in this panel behind this field ;)

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1709 16299.334
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @lumarel,

Thanks for writing in.

It would be great if I just could click on the i.e. field "username" to copy it and not have to click on this tiny symbol :)

The problem is that the context menu itself isn't really well optimized to support both clicking the menu item and supporting the submenu at the same time, it gets confused. We are looking for a different design in the future but for the moment, this is the best we could do without making folks go crazy as to why it doesn't work half of the time or why it brings up submenu instead of clicking.

I haven't found the content of a field anywhere in there, I just mean to show it anywhere in there, in this panel behind this field ;)

1Password mini doesn't support viewing the details, only copying it. If you wish to view the content, use View in 1Password option to open it in the main 1Password app.

We'd like to bring the details viewer inside of 1Password mini in a future update.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thank you for the fast response!

That makes sense, for the moment there is the big copy button to the left, so I will have to use this button until there is a better solution, that works too :)

I just remember of the "mini" of 1Password 4, which showed enough information to not copy the wrong stuff.

But nevertheless it already works so fast, that it really doesn't make a difference, if I go to the full app :)

• Hi @lumarel,

You're welcome.

We haven't given 1Password mini any TLC yet but you can expect it to get refreshed and improved in the future, we want it to match the same 1Password mini experience on macOS.

This discussion has been closed.