1Password 7 trial period lapsed

jhedleyjjhedleyj
edited April 2018 in Purchasing

I currently have 1Password 6 with standalone license. Having received the 1Password 7 email regarding upgrades I have decided to investigate the subscription option further and taking advantage of the 30-day free trial. However, some time ago (2017), I trialled the subscription method and decided that at that time a standalone license would be a better option. I have downloaded the 1Password 7 app and find that because I let the original trial lapse then the current download has frozen the account and is asking me to subscribe by inputting my credit card details.

My question is this: If I do put in my credit card details to subscribe, do I still have the option of the 30-day trial or do I start my full subscription immediately thereby foregoing the trial? I would like to at least have a trial of some sort before committing myself.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: PHA-14674-255

Comments

• aglouiseaglouise

Team Member

Hey @jhedleyj 👋

Thanks for getting in touch and that's great to hear you're taking 1Password 7 for a spin! 🎉 It looks like you have also sent us an email so if it's okay with you I'd love to continue the conversation there (a reply from us should have landed in your inbox).

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have taken the plunge and subscribed (and paid this time!) but it seems that I may have been charged from today (my subscription starts today) and I shall not be getting my 30 days trial. I can only assume that is because I did let a previous trial lapse.

It’s not a big deal as I would probably have gone ahead anyway (I have had several standalone licenses over the past few years) but I think I should be entitled to have the trial despite that.

I am in the process right now of importing my passwords from 1P6 and all seems to be going well. I am little disappointed however to find out that auto-login doesn’t work and I have to copy and paste on every website I log into. Will this be corrected soon?

I have discovered that by going directly to the log-in page on the website you want to open e.g., Amazon, and then double-click the log-in in 1P7 then the details are entered and the site opens. Voila!

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited April 2018

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have taken the plunge and subscribed (and paid this time!) but it seems that I may have been charged from today (my subscription starts today) and I shall not be getting my 30 days trial. I can only assume that is because I did let a previous trial lapse.
    It’s not a big deal as I would probably have gone ahead anyway (I have had several standalone licenses over the past few years) but I think I should be entitled to have the trial despite that.

@jhedleyj: Indeed, sorry for the confusion there. It isn't possible to not have a trial with a 1Password.com account. But if you'd already finished the trial after signing up, you won't get a second one when subscribing.

I am in the process right now of importing my passwords from 1P6 and all seems to be going well. I am little disappointed however to find out that auto-login doesn’t work and I have to copy and paste on every website I log into. Will this be corrected soon?

It isn't at all related to you switching to a membership, as the apps and extensions work the same way in either case. Did you perhaps remove something thinking you needed a different version?

I have discovered that by going directly to the log-in page on the website you want to open e.g., Amazon, and then double-click the log-in in 1P7 then the details are entered and the site opens. Voila!

Personally, I love using the keyboard shortcut: ⌘ \. I'm glad to hear you were able to use 1Password to login, but definitely let me know if you're still having any issues at all. Happy to help. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file