1P 7 - Safe login popup

Options
lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

Maybe it's one more time not implemented up to now (which is totaly ok, it is a beta).
But when I go to a website which is already in my 1Password Vault and enter the credentials manually, it comes up with the 'enter credentials' and then with the 'safe login' popup.
Sometimes its just faster to type it in and not open 1P, then it is a little bit annoying when it tries to safe me this creds' even, when they are already in the Vault.

It doesn't appear when the Vault is unlocked, it would be really great, if it also does this in the locked state.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1709 16299.334
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @lumarel,

Thanks for reporting this.

Unfortunately, this is a known limitation on Windows for the moment but it will be fixed in the near future.

1Password can't scan the encrypted database while it is locked and when it gets that "save this" call from 1Password extension, it has to process it but it can't until you unlock first. At that point, the database may take a while to load and it thinks there's no item in the database, so it goes through to show you the Save Login prompt.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Thank you for the answer.
    I think it would make the trick to be able to just turn it of in the settings when the vault is locked.

But I know you will come up with a better way :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lumarel,

You're welcome. We had that setting in 1Password 4 for Windows (the only app to have this) and we dislike it. We want to do more with less settings, so yes, we're looking for a better solution first before we even consider a separate setting.

This discussion has been closed.