I've created a new master password that was confirmed but now it is to long to enter

I have created a new master password that was confirmed but upon trying to enter it now it is to long for the entry box window? need help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've created a new master password but now it is to long to be entered? need help

Comments

• tedgoodnight
    tedgoodnight
    Community Member

1Password
    Version 6.8.8 (688001)
    Mac App Store
    the above is my version of 1Password, I created a new master password but that was confirmed. When I go to enter it now it won't let me because it has too many characters. What can I do?

• Thanks for reaching out, @tedgoodnight. I must confess that I've never seen this issue before. Let's dig deeper and see if we can solve the mystery.

First and foremost, where did you create your Master Password to begin with? I'm guessing you downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store, started a free trial, and entered your new Master Password there. Is that correct? Or did you first sign up on 1Password.com and download the Mac App Store version second?

My next question is where are you being told that your Master Password is too long? And could you post a screenshot of the error message so I can fully understand what you're seeing?

Lastly, could you share the length of your Master Password with us? Not the password itself please, just the length.

Sorry for all the questions but with any luck they will help cue me as to what the issue is.

Please let me know and we'll take it from there. 👋

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.