Syncing one vault with Dropbox, but using Families for the rest

samalone
samalone
Community Member

My family uses 1Password, and I'm thinking of moving to a family subscription.

The problem is, I have a shared Dropbox vault with a consulting client and need to be able to use that too. Is there some way for me to either sync a family vault to Dropbox, or have a Dropbox vault alongside my family vaults?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 & 7 beta 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @samalone,

The best solution here would likely be to invite the consulting client as a guest. We’d normally recommend 1Password Teams or 1Password Business if you plan to use 1Password for business purposes.

Share with guests in your team

You can have accounts for both 1Password Families and 1Password Teams or 1Password Business within the same 1Password installaton. If you step up to 1Password Business membership you would actually get a 1Password Families membership included at no additional cost with that. If you’d like to discuss that further I’d recommend reaching out to our sales team at sales@1password.com.

But to answer your question: 1Password Families vaults cannot sync with Dropbox, but you can have both 1Password Families vaults and standalone vaults synced with Dropbox. We don’t typically recommend that, as it adds a layer of complexity to your setup, but it is possible. Please note that if you were to do that then you would also have a standalone “Primary” vault, and 1Password will unlock for you using only the Master Password of that Primary vault (which may be different from your 1Password Families account Master Password).

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.