Beta 6 login problems

Options
DavidB
DavidB
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

With 1Password 7.0.BETA-6 (macOS 10.13.4) in Safari, am I the only one having login problems such as these?

Wells Fargo Bank
1) In Safari, press Option-Command-Back Slash to invoke 1Password Mini
2) Start to type Wells Fargo until login title appears, then click Return
3) Login screen appears but login credentials are not entered
4) Press Command-Back Slash to enter login credentials; screen reloads but login credentials are not entered
5) Press Command-Back Slash to enter login credentials again; credentials are entered and login is completed

Comcast
2) Start to type Comcast.net until login title appears, then click Return
4) Press Command-Back Slash to enter login credentials but nothing changes; login credentials are not entered
5) Repeat 4 several times with no change
6) Enter login credentials manually

AgileBits Support Forum
2) Start to type AgileBits Support Forum until login title appears, then click Return
4) Press Command-Back Slash to enter login credentials; credentials are entered but quickly disappear
5) Press Command-Back Slash to enter login credentials again; credentials are entered

Thank you,

David

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

To answer my own question, I see that others are also experiencing the same thing but have expressed themselves more succinctly, for example, andesvirgo:
    "The Safari extension "opens and fills" login & password data, while the same command from the app itself only takes me to the website without autofilling password info. In other words, the main app will not "open and fill". Or, it will open but not fill."
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/421902/#Comment_421902

And in reply, Steve23094:
    "It looks to me like open and fill is totally borked. On my Mac the Safari extension will not open, but it will fill. I see the same thing as you with the app (open, no fill). The mini app opens but doesn't fill.
    "I think Agilebits released the Beta too early, it's more Alpha or pre-Alpha."

Like Steve23094, I am surprised these issues were not fixed before the Beta was released.

David

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Open and fill in Safari is not yet implemented: see this AgileBits' post.

Stephen

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

@Stephen,

Thank you for the link --

It would have been nice to see that information detailed out under "Known Issues" in the "Welcome to the 1Password 7 for Mac Beta!" announcement.
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87795/welcome-to-the-1password-7-for-mac-beta#latest

David

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DavidB - thanks for the feedback, and apologies for the confusion. We hope to include Open & Fill in an update coming soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.