Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect.

Options
Pattiflew2
Pattiflew2
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Mac

I can't sign in. No matter what I do. I have 2 passwords for 1 password & neither one works either on my iMac nor my iPad. Version of 1Password is 6.8.8.
I'm about ready to chuck this program altogether.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect. NO it is not.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Pattiflew2

Do you have a 1Password.com subscription of do you have an earlier standalone license?

• Pattiflew2
    Pattiflew2
    Community Member
    Options

I have a standalone license from Aug of 2017

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Pattiflew2! Sorry for the difficulty. Based on your title for this thread, it sounds as if you may have inadvertently signed up for a 1password.com subscription at some point in the recent past, OR that you may be trying to sign into a 1password.com account without having actually created one. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

You told @thightower that you've been using a standalone setup -- which is fine, but it's not the same thing as a 1Password account, which is why you can't sign in and you don't have a Secret Key. Can I ask: where are you trying to sign in? In a web browser? One of the 1Password apps? Thanks in advance.

• Pattiflew2
    Pattiflew2
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to sign in to Agile bits to get my information.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pattiflew2 - How have you used 1Password in the past? You're posting in the 1Password for Mac forum -- are you using 1Password for Mac? Or are you trying to sign into 1Password in a web browser?

• Pattiflew2
    Pattiflew2
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am using 1Password for my iMac & for my iPad as well. They sync beautifully. I click on agile bits to log in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pattiflew2: As mentioned above, you won't be able to sign into the 1Password.com website unless you have a membership. And while that has a lot of great benefits, if you have a setup that works for you you're free to stick with that. Glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password. We're here if you need us! :)

• stormyghost
    stormyghost
    Community Member
    Options

Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect. I know the email address is correct, I know the Secret Key is correct, and I know my Master Password is correct, yet I keep getting the error. How do you recover your account???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stormyghost: Unfortunately, all of those things cannot be true. ;) Most frequently, the problem is that someone has setup different Master Password for different things. So, for example, that Master Password may work to unlock 1Password on a device because it is the password you set for a vault/account there, but if you did not setup the account you are trying to sign into now with the same password the other one will not work in that case.

Anyway, since I see that you've also sent us other messages, I will follow up with you via email to avoid further confusion and duplication of effort. Trying to have the same conversation in more than one place makes it so everyone has to wait longer. :blush:

ref: UXM-17153-273

This discussion has been closed.