Purchase of the App on my Android and now i have an 1password account

sfreysfrey
edited April 2018 in Purchasing

Hey there,
a few years ago I purchased the app on my android phone.
Today I made me a 1password account as I saw it that there is a simple way to synchronize it.
I thought I didn´t need a test account because of my purchase in the play store.
Now I come to my question:
I saw I had to get a subscription for $2.99 a month. Am I right to do this while I have purchased the app once?
And is this subscription then for the service that you sync my data?
Sorry I am a little bit confused what I have to pay now.

I thank you for your help.
Steffen

1Password Version: 6.8.534
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: Windows 10
_Sync Type: 1password Account

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@sfrey: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the confusion there.

Am I right to do this while I have purchased the app once?

If you want all of its benefits of a 1Password.com membership then, yes, you'd have to pay for that.

And is this subscription then for the service that you sync my data?

Yep! A 1Password.com membership includes automatic sync for your encrypted 1Password data, along with all of the rest of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply sign into your account on a device to access your data.

Sorry I am a little bit confused what I have to pay now.

To be clear, it isn't mandatory to move to a 1Password.com membership if you prefer to purchase each individual app/upgrade and sync your own data, but it really makes 1Password seamless across devices. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• @brenty Thanks for your fast help.
    you have brought light into the dark. At least I have another question what happens if my test subscription expire and I won't upgrade it?
    Am I allowed to use the app anyway and just the sync service will be omitted?

Thanks for your help.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@sfrey - all 1Password account trials expire after 30 days if you don't subscribe. Technically, any data you've stored in 1Password enters Frozen status -- it's not deleted, and you can even still access it. But you can't add, delete or change any items, and you can't use the browser extensions to fill or save items.

You can of course still purchase a standalone license for 1Password, but you'd need one for each platform on which you intend to run 1Password. Right now, it sounds as if you have only 1Password for Android. If you have a Mac or a PC, you'd need to purchase a standalone license for that. If you have both, you'd need one for each platform. In the long run (especially if you have multiple devices on multiple platforms), it may wind up being significantly less expensive (not to mention considerably easier) to subscribe to 1password.com than to maintain multiple licenses and upgrades, etc, across multiple platforms. But the choice is yours!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file