To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I need an email address or phone #. Can't setup new computer. Again. :-(

TAllen
TAllen
Community Member

I started with a single account, upgraded to family. Never had a license #. All I have is a I have a master pw and sign in phrase for OnePassword and email, "open phrase" and pw for Agilebits. Had this same issue when I got an IPad. New computer and access because I don't have a "key phrase". The sign in phrase doesn't work as a key phrase (shows as all Caps so I assume it's not case sensitive. None of the info I have works on the website. I need contact info for someone to straighten this out. Again. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[I need an email address or phone #. Can't setup new computer. Again. :-(](https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=I need an email address or phone #. Can't setup new computer. Again. :-()

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TAllen: Thanks for reaching out. To be clear, you won't have an account to sign in to unless you signed up for a 1Password membership in the last year or so, as they did not exist prior to that.

Unfortunately we won't be able to help you recover your data, as we never have access to it. If you don't have it stored anywhere else, you will need to start over. There just isn't any way around that. But if you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things.

Did you backup your 1Password data at some point?

https://support.1password.com/backups/?ios#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults

Did you copy it to other devices, or sync it somewhere?

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Let me know and we'll go from there.

• TAllen
    TAllen
    Community Member

Hi- Thanks for the response. I got the email from support with all the links and am making slow progress in setting up another computer. Why aren't those links on the website (in that format) so people can get answers without spending hours looking through stuff on the website? Just a suggestion. And I still think this program is way too convoluted and confusing. Has anyone considered coming up with an easier purchasing/ registration/ support framework? I've been with you since the beginning and it's been a huge hassle every time something doesn't work or I get a new computer. No one else is like this. Before I got a Mac I dealt with all kinds of anti-virus programs and it was buy, install and a call for support meant provide the license #. I had a temporary license # before I bought the first program. I have no other means of indicating I have purchased the program and when I upgraded a year ago (after finally talking to a live person) I was told I didn't need one. Except I can't log onto the website, which is normally what you do if you need help. I think I'm set for now. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi- Thanks for the response. I got the email from support with all the links and am making slow progress in setting up another computer. Why aren't those links on the website (in that format) so people can get answers without spending hours looking through stuff on the website? Just a suggestion.

@TAllen: I understand and agree completely. Indeed, all of those links are to pages on our support website:

https://support.1password.com

If you have a question, you can always ask us directly, and we'll be happy to answer and/or direct you to information that will help. But you can also search there for an article on the topic you need help with too.

And I still think this program is way too convoluted and confusing. Has anyone considered coming up with an easier purchasing/ registration/ support framework? I've been with you since the beginning and it's been a huge hassle every time something doesn't work or I get a new computer.

I hear you, and in fact, there is a better way now: 1Password.com memberships. You literally just sign into your account to access your data on a device. That also includes all of the apps without sync configuration, or having to keep track of purchases and separate licenses, etc. It simply wasn't possible in the past, but we're glad to be able to offer an easier option today. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

No one else is like this. Before I got a Mac I dealt with all kinds of anti-virus programs and it was buy, install and a call for support meant provide the license #. I had a temporary license # before I bought the first program. I have no other means of indicating I have purchased the program and when I upgraded a year ago (after finally talking to a live person) I was told I didn't need one. Except I can't log onto the website, which is normally what you do if you need help. I think I'm set for now. Thanks!

I hear you. It's definitely different, and in situations like this it can be frustrating and seem undesirable. But when you say, "No one else is like this", you're right, but when you're not having trouble because you lost your license information or whatever, this is a good thing: we intentionally collect as little information about our customers as possible so that it cannot be misused. Certainly it can depend on the situation, but especially with 1Password, which so many people use to protect their privacy and security while storing their most important information, it's absolutely critical that we know as little about you as we can, and never have access to your data. I'm sorry that can make getting things sorted out more difficult in some case, but we're here for you if you need us. :blush:

On that note, since I see you've also emailed us separately, I'll follow up with you there in case there's anything else I can help with.

ref: XKF-53749-455

This discussion has been closed.