Synchronisation issue from "share extension"

Options
ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hello,

I found one issue that is quite bugging me. Imagine this situation:
1. I change a password using my mac
2. I open the app / web page on my iPhone (without opening 1P at all)
3. To log in i use the share extension (or the button if the apps supports it) and select the item
4. Oops, I could not be logged in, because it still tries to put there the old password

When I then open the 1P app, it sync all the data and it works. So my guess in this case is, that if I open the share extension, then the sync is not performed? Or is it just a timing issue?

I quite often forget to open the app and then thinking, why the login didn't work :smile:

I can confirm, that that was happening with iCloud sync, Dropbox sync and now I tested it with my shiny new 1P account and it is happening there as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ondrejfuhrer

You’re right in that the extension does not sync on it’s own. It can only access data that has already been synced by the app. I agree that this isn’t ideal, but we’re a bit limited because unlike extensions on desktop operating systems on iOS the extension cannot do anything in the background. If you open the extension and then quickly close it and we’re not able to finish the sync that could cause data integrity issues.

Hopefully extension support on iOS will continue to evolve, and we’ll be able to do something better in this regard in the future.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.