best version to install on ios 9.3.5? [1Password is not compatible with iOS 9 / iPhone 4S]

Options
eliz_h
eliz_h
Community Member
edited April 2018 in iOS

I am a recent user of 1password and am now current on versions for Yosemite, and ios on tablet. I would now like to install on iPhone 4S / ios 9.3.5 and am looking at the version history in the App Store. It doesn't auto-suggest a compatible version for me after refusing to download the latest version; what version would be best for me to download? (and then I will have to figure out how to actually download it.)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @eliz_h

We do not offer a version of 1Password for iOS that is compatible with the iPhone 4S. My apologies.

Ben

• eliz_h
    eliz_h
    Community Member
    Options

well, that's easy then....

• Ben
    Options

Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for, but we really can't recommend running iOS 9 anymore. It is no longer being updated by Apple. We can really only recommend using 1Password on devices that are capable of running the latest security updates.

Ben

• mattyoung
    mattyoung
    Community Member
    Options

Terrible. I bought the app way before that and recently had to reformat the iPad mini which is a perfectly awesome device, but when I went to DL 1Password again it won't let me. Rediculous. So u don't want to support it that's fine but make it friggin available, I bought it on many machines and devices and friends devices.

• mattyoung
    mattyoung
    Community Member
    Options

For those in shock and awe from this thread go and look at this thread which really does solve the problem for people with my use case from above. Support staff should have posted this here but here it is:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/84303/cant-install-old-version-can-get-it-from-app-store-purchase-history

• mattyoung
    mattyoung
    Community Member
    Options

THEN AFTER you download your old version (say 3x 1Password Pro) you will find that it can no longer sync with Dropbox and will not let you login. On a fluke I then went and synced iPad and 'transferred all purchased apps from the iPad mini to the Mac", then went back to App Store on the mini, found the newest 1Password listed there, this time when I tried to download it expecting the same not compatible message of frustration it stated "You want to dl the last known good version for your device" and I clicked YES!!!!! and everything is great now... it gave me version 6.9.1 1Password Pro and it works great! (Yet I am sure unsupported, not that I ever get any support anyway.)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mattyoung

As mentioned above we really cannot recommend using old unsupported versions of 1Password or iOS. I'm glad to hear you found a temporary solution here, but ultimately the only recommendation we can responsibly make is upgrading to a device that is capable of running the latest security updates. An unpatched system connected to the internet is asking for trouble.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.