Editing Web form details fields [Planned]

2»

Comments

• edited January 22

Hi @brenty - the page I have the most trouble with is at this URL: https://ibanking.banksa.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action - it's poorly built which makes things harder.

The primary issue is that because there are two "password" fields, the internet password gets placed in the "Security Number" field, leaving the "Password" field blank. When submitting on this form, the 1Password extension updates (after clicking "update") the "password" field to the "security number" field - and just ignores the "Internet Password" field altogether.

This has been happening on and off for years. I thought it had been fixed, but recently we've started experiencing this issue again.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Rhys Lloyd: Thanks! I don't know if this actually works, not having an account there, but I was able to get 1Password to save and fill all the fields. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form

Let me know how it goes!

• Hello,
    Last website I had a problem with was : https://www.showroomprive.com/
    Because registration form is on the same page than login. So I think I've made the error to save the login and pwd when registering and now when I use 1password app to auto-fill, it completes the fields in the registration form.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

That could be the case @Baski, but it could also be a field labeling issue. If it is the web form details, though, following the steps Brenty outlined above to fill in the sign-in form and save a new Login should correct it. Give it a go and let me know if it helps. :chuffed:

• Hello,
    I could make 1password works correctly with the steps described by Brenty, thank you :chuffed:
    But I had to try 2 times because it seems the password field is emptied each time it's focused. So at first try 1password saved my login without any password (I had put my password but the field was emptied just after I cliked on "Save" in 1password).

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Yeah, I'm not sure why they do things that way. Glad you were able to work around it though. Cheers! :)

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file