Can't re-arrange Categories list when using 1Password Families account

Options
OAW
OAW
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

So I just switched over to a 1Password Families account after years of using standalone licenses. Mainly because I want to encourage my children to utilize better password security and this will be less expensive than purchasing individual licenses for all our collective devices and provide an easy mechanism for sharing certain passwords. In any event, with the standalone license I could re-arrange the Categories list to make the most frequently used items appear on top in the Safari extension menu. This is important to me because only the first 5 entries are displayed by default. You have to click "Show X more categories" to get to the rest which is an annoyance. So in my setup I had "Logins", "Identities", "Credit Cards", "Bank Accounts", and "Social Security Number" as the top 5 because those would be the most likely things I would need quick access to when entering information on a website from within Safari. But for some strange and unknown reason this option was completely disabled as soon as I turned on my 1Password Families account! And to add insult to injury the default order of Categories has "Secure Notes" as the second entry. Something I would never need quick access to when filling out a web form. And "Passwords" as well. Why would anyone want a list of every password ever generated when we already have "Logins" containing the ones that matter? I'm not saying I "regret" the decision to start using a 1Password Families account ... but this is annoying as hell and very disappointing. Hopefully this is a "bug" in the beta and not some sort of inexplicable "design choice".

1Password Version: 7.0 Beta 6
Extension Version: 7.0 Beta 6
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hey there @OAW. Thanks so much for the feedback. This is one area of the app that is still undergoing some major changes, so much of what you're reporting should be squared away by the time we ship 1Password 7.

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Wrong forum thread...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries. Happens to the best of us. :)

This discussion has been closed.