Unable to install 1Password

Options
Sammany
Sammany
Community Member

I have been using the App Store version of 1Password on my MacBook pro but need to switch to the direct-download version because I confirmed on another computer it fixes problems I was having with my browser extensions.

I am unable to install it however. The installer freezes at the 'Running package scripts' stage. I have tried deleting the App store version and any remnants of files that I could find. I have quit all other applications. I have restarted the computer. Still have the problem.

How can I get past this problem?

Thank you
Sam

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:installer hangs

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@Sammany - it's possible you got a corrupted download, I suppose, though that's probably unlikely. To check, you'll want to delete the 1Password installer you currently have. Visit our downloads page and get a fresh copy of the installer for 1Password 6 for Mac (6.8.8). Restart your computer one more time, then run the installer you just downloaded, and see what you get. If that doesn't work, let us know.

ref: WWC-78652-587

• Sammany
    Sammany
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,
    Unfortunately that still does not work.

-Sam

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sammany - Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I see you've also reached out to our email support team to ask the same question you asked here. Rather than duplicate our efforts, let's keep the conversation going over there.

This discussion has been closed.