1PW X using with 1PW 6 desktop, auto fill/log-on

Options

Since I installed 1 PW X, when i try to access websites thru my 1PW 6 on my Mac, it no longer auto fills or auto log-on..
Now it takes me to the login screen, but makes me open 1PW X, and once again enter my master pw,
instead of allowing me to login EASILY from 1PW 6 ( from my desktop).
it seems like 1PW X took away some of the functionality/convenience of 1 PW 6.
I like some of the features/potential of 1PW X, but do not want to loose the convenience/ look of 1PW 6 (i have a family acct).
Perhaps I am missing something.
Thanks for your help in advance. 1PW customer service has always been excellent!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: x
OS Version: mac high sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: family acct

Comments

• Mitch
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hey there @plj86bizg,

Sorry for the bind you're in! As you might know, 1Password X is designed first and foremost to work without the need for the desktop apps. It's been our top priority to meet this goal and make a great 1Password experience for Linux users, corporate users, and so on.

That said, a lot of us use 1Password X full time on our Macs and feel the pain. In time, you'll start to see changes in both directions:

• 1Password X will integrate more with the desktop apps
    • the desktop apps and extension will get cool new features and design changes that originated in 1Password X

For now, my recommendation is: if you are a heavy user of 1Password for Mac, the 1Password extension will give you the most seamless experience. But if you're intrigued by what you see in 1Password X, keep an eye out and keep sharing your feedback. We're aiming to impress. :)

-Mitch

This discussion has been closed.