"Read only" mode and can't add my license

Options
NeilWilliams
NeilWilliams
Community Member

Hi, my copy of 1password6 is showing as "read only". I bought a license for single user 1password 3 years ago - will that not allow me to continue to use 1password 6? Do I need to now create an account and pay monthly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NeilWilliams - The only reason why 1Password 6 for Mac would show as "Read Only" would be if you downloaded it from the Mac App Store instead of directly from us. Like most software purchased at the Mac App Store, there is no specific license key for 1Password when purchased from Apple, the purchase is tied to your Apple ID. In short, you'll need to install our version from our downloads page; then you can install your existing license (I've sent your license details out in a separate email to you), and you should be set to go for 1Password 6 for Mac. Don't forget to remove the Mac App Store copy of 1Password after you get the correct one installed.

• NeilWilliams
    NeilWilliams
    Community Member
    Options

Smashing thanks, that's sorted it. In troubleshooting earlier today I found this advice here https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#if-you-purchased-1password-from-the-agilebits-store (see the bit headed "If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store") - which threw me off track, I kept just looping around the same issue. All good now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.