1password extension doesn't open and fill automatically

Options
vkryzh
vkryzh
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I used Chrome extension for 1password 6, I was able to click on any item in the list, it opened the website and filled the form. Now only a few of items work. To use rest, I need to go inside and press "open and fill" button.

• another problem: Safari extension after click on the item redirects me to Chrome.

1Password Version: 7.0b7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• vkryzh
    vkryzh
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, the second problem was already explained (Chrome is my default browser).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vkryzh - so you're saying many of the items you know for sure used to work by just clicking on the Login item in the Chrome extension, now don't work to visit the page, fill the form and submit? Has anything changed recently (I know you're on the beta of 1Password 7 for Mac, obviously, but I mean: anything else)? I ask because I don't notice any unusual behavior like that here. The only thing different from my setup to yours (other than, probably, hardware) is that I am on macOS 10.13.4, and you say you're on 10.13.3. I don't think that would make the difference, but I'd suggest you update macOS to the latest version, making sure you restart your Mac in the process. Then give it another try. If you're still experiencing difficulties, disable and uninstall the 1Password extension in Chrome, and visit our extensions page to install a fresh copy. Let us know how you get on!

• Elazzyk
    Elazzyk
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem on my mac using version macOS 10.13.3. The extension for Safari still says it the beta version but I have already purchased version 7? When is the full version going to be released? The extension does not recognize the websites I have in my vaults and does not show 1password when I right click on ID or PW on the site but instead I'm pushed to open password in Safari?? I still have version 6 of 1password and found that since I have used version 7 I now have all the problems mentioned about 7 in version 6, HELP!!! Oh I also tried to remove the beta 7 extension to reinstall but the uninstall button in Safari Preference is NOT there !!!

• vkryzh
    vkryzh
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Reboot didn't help. Update to 10.13.4 did. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Elazzyk! Thanks for purchasing 1Password 7 for Mac and helping us test out the beta -- and I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles. During this beta period, licenses for 1Password 7 for Mac are $39.99. When the full 7.0 stable version is released, a license will cost $64.95 -- so you've gotten a nearly 40% discount. :)

As for when the stable version will be released, I can't say for sure. "When it's ready" is our usual answer, but you can generally assume that if we've released a beta of a new version, it won't be TOO long before the full version is out. In the meantime, I'd like you to update your version of macOS to 10.13.4, and see if that solves some of your issues. Make sure you restart your Mac as part of that process.

Given what you've said, however, I want to make sure you don't think that alone will solve the issue. But it's the place to start. Do I understand you to have said you have both 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Mac beta installed currently?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vkryzh - glad to hear it! Let us know if you need anything else. :)

• JoeC
    JoeC
    Community Member
    Options

I am running OS 10.13.4 and Safari 11.1 on a 2017 MacBook Pro with Beta 8. Sounds like similar issues. The browser extension work but is inconsistent. The menu bar icon and pull down doesn’t work at all—clicking on the listing or even the website within the app has no effect. At least I am having no luck. Same result when I launch the app from my hard drive. Two friends also on MacBooks having same issues.
    Agile Bits support was responsive and requested a diagnostic and that was provided.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @JoeC! I'm glad you found the email support team responsive; I see my colleague Corey has been helping you via email. Let's keep the conversation going over there, please - it avoids potentially discussing personally-identifying details of your 1Password setup in this public forum. Also, when you ask the same question or post the same issue to multiple points-of-contact for us, we have to stop and coordinate multiple replies amongst multiple people here, which slows down the support time for everyone, including you. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.