1Password 7: mini dialog stays open after pressing Enter to copy password

Options
zzzamboni
zzzamboni
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

If I invoke the mini window using the global shortcut (Alt-Cmd-\) and use the keyboard to navigate to an entry and press Enter to copy it to the clipboard, the dialog stays in place. In 1P6 the dialog went away, which IMO makes it more convenient to paste the copied entry into some other application. Would it be possible to restore this behavior in 1P7?

I made a short clip which shows the behavior - see how the "Copy" button gets highlighted every time I press Enter, but the dialog stays in place: https://www.dropbox.com/s/30asl18igc4lu48/1p-mini-dialog-stay-on-copy.mov?dl=0

Best,
--Diego

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-7 (70000007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Vethrfolnir
    Vethrfolnir
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same behavior on the latest beta (version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-7 (70000007)). As Diego, I wish that the Mini window would disappear after I have pressed Enter/Return to copy the password. To be able to paste the password now, I have to click outside the Mini window to get rid of it. Not very convenient, thus I also wish for the 1P6 behavior restored.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ZZamboni - hi Diego (and also @Vethrfolnir )! You can use the keyboard shortcut ⌘⇧C to copy the password for the currently-selected item in 1Password mini, and the pop-up should close for you. This would be even faster than using your mouse to copy items.

Having said that, this is definitely a bug, since we certainly didn't intend to change the behavior in this case. As such, I've filed an issue for it, and we'll get a remedy out as quickly as possible.

ref: apple-682

• Vethrfolnir
    Vethrfolnir
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the response, but the method you outlined doesn't work. ⌘⇧C doesn't close the 1Password mini window. And I have never used the mouse to copy items when using the mini. With 1P6 I pressed Alt-Cmd-\ to get the mini window, then I searched or navigated the favorites using the arrow keys, and hit enter when I had found the password I was looking for. Never by mouse.
    So the problem I have, is that that method doesn't work in 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-8 (70000008).

Looking forward to having this fixed and again thank you for responding!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Vethrfolnir - no, thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently in the middle of a number of issues regarding the 1Password mini and user interaction discrepancies between what users expect based on their use of version 6 and the behavior they're experiencing today. Keep an eye on updates, and we appreciate the time you've spent helping us fine-tune version 7. :)

This discussion has been closed.