Unbearably slow startup and refresh on Android

Options
rsngt
rsngt
Community Member

Hi

I've been using 1Password for years. Most recently 1Password 6 on my Mac and 1Password on Android with Dropbox Syns. Everything has been fantastic.

Yesterday I decided to try 1Password 7 and the 1password.com syncing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Android phone (Galaxy S8) to get rid of the link to the Dropbox vault and set up a single vault from 1password.com. Note that there does not seem to be a special version of the Android app for 1Password 7, just the same version I was using with v6.

Now, whenever I open the 1Password app on the phone, it takes 2 - 3 minutes to show me the login screen (I'm using fingerprint authentication). Once in the app, if I look at a password and then navigate back to the Categories or favourites list, it again takes several minutes to show the list (the screen goes black in the meantime).

I'm not sure if this is related to the fact that the Mac is using 1Password 7 (is the database different to v 6 and is it doing a translation), or to the 1password.com service.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

1Password Version: 7 (mac) 6.7.3 (Android)
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4, Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @rsngt. 1Password shouldn't be taking that long to unlock, and there aren't compatibility issues between the Mac beta version and 1Password 6 for Android, so that shouldn't be causing this problem. When this happens, are you running low on memory on the device? Also, does this happen every time, or just when it's syncing?

• rsngt
    rsngt
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @peri. Thanks for your reply.

It's good t know there is no compatibility issue.

I've run some more tests and can confirm that my phone has 780Mb of free memory, with 1Password using 50.3Mb.

I recorded some timings and it's weird, they look like quite "round" numbers, almost like a timeout. They are also regular, the same times, every time,

I start the app and it takes exactly 2 minutes to show the fingerprint scan screen. While I'm waiting, it's showing a blank white screen.

Once I'm logged in, it then takes 1 minute (exactly) to show the main menu list (Favourites, Categories etc). If I choose a category, this opens immediately (whether it's got 2 or 800 items. The same when I open one single item, this is immediate. When I go "Back" to the list from an item, this again takes exactly one minute to show the list of items.

As I said above, the timings are the same for categories that have 2 items that have 800 items.

Do these times mean anything to you? They look quite specific and are regular, every time...

Thanks

• peri
    Options

@rsngt I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88822/unbearably-slow-startup-and-refresh-on-android#latest
    • Your forum username: rsngt

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• rsngt
    rsngt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Diagnostics sent. The Support ID is #XPA-29458-844.

• peri
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you. ref: XPA-29458-844

• rsngt
    rsngt
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve installed the current beta and the behaviour is still the same.

• peri
    Options

Thanks. Let's continue the conversation over email. :)

This discussion has been closed.