1 password extension stopped working with Safari 11.1

Options

My 1 password extension disappeared yesterday after running upgrades on my Mac. I get a message that says extensions must be enabled in the develop menu. But when I go to the develop menu - I am unable to uncheck the disable extensions box. I have rebooted a number of times but no luck. Any ideas or suggestions??

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oneillmm - Ugh, that doesn't sound good! Let's see what we can do. This sounds like something having gotten confused in Safari, but it's hard to tell. Can I ask: what upgrades did you run? What was changed on your system?

• rosasm
    rosasm
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem with same versions (although I'm not sure how to verify sync type), so am interested in the resolution to this. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rosasm: Can you be more specific? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites? Knowing the URLs would be helpful in that case. Thanks in advance! :)

• rosasm
    rosasm
    Community Member
    Options

Well, of course! You probably read my note a little too fast...when I said "same versions" that was a reference to the versions mentioned in the initial post at top: Safari 11.1; MacOS 10.13.4; Extension 4.7. Thanks for any assistance you can provide

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rosasm (and @oneillmm),

The bad news so far is whatever is happening seems to be far more widespread than just the 1Password extension. There are reports scattered over Apple's own public forums and so far no concrete information. There have been a number of suggestions but so far none with any high percentages of success. I even saw a couple of posts where users said they went into an Apple Store but had no joy correcting the problem. I wish I had something more promising but this may very well need to wait for a fix from Apple.

This discussion has been closed.