1Password 6 download for iphone

Options
Abina
Abina
Community Member

I have 1Password 6 on my home and work computers. I am trying to download it to my iphone, but can only access 1Password 7, for an additional fee. How can I download 1Password 6 on my iphone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Downloading 1password 6 for iphone

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abina - the short answer here is: you can't, except under very specific circumstances. Apple's policy is to only make the current version of any app available, so you can't just choose to download an older version. The only exception to this rule is if a) you already own the app and b) you have a device which is limited by its hardware to an older version of iOS, and therefore can only use an older version of 1Password for iOS as well.

If you're able to download 1Password 7 for iOS, that means you're running at least iOS 11.x. But I'm a little confused: 1Password for iOS is a free download, and it's free to use the basic features as well. There IS a $9.99 in-app purchase if you want the Pro features, but they're not required. You should be able to download and install 1Password 7 for iOS without charge. Can you tell me more about what you're seeing?

• Abina
    Abina
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars. I bought 1Password 2 or 3 years ago. I definitely paid for a licence, but can't remember how much. When I download 1Password on my phone it says "Your 1Password account is frozen". Then "Subscribe now for $3.99". And none of my Logins are there. I'm so confused!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @Abina. In that case you would not have been using an “account” (part of a 1Password subscription membership). To access your data you’ll need to unlock 1Password on the device you entered them on and then you can sync your data to other devices:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Abina
    Abina
    Community Member
    Options

It worked! Thanks so much Ben.

• Ben
    Options

You are very welcome. :)

Ben