iOS app shows old password even after repeated sync

Options
chekunkov
chekunkov
Community Member

Password was updated in the desktop app, but iOS app still shows old password. However "Previously Used Passwords" has a new password as the most recent entry. I triggered sync manually in iOS app - tried both iCloud and WLAN sync - didn't help. Restarting app didn't help as well. Looks like a bug to me, has it been reported before and are there plans to fix it? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iOS app shows old password even after repeated sync

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @chekunkov,

Is sync working otherwise? e.x. if you add a new item in 1Password for iOS does it appear on your other devices as expected?

Ben

• chekunkov
    chekunkov
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi Ben,

I tried iCloud and WLAN sync:

iCloud sync - new items are not synced to the other devices. I'm not sure if it works at all. Does it?
    WLAN sync - new items created in both iOS and desktop apps are synced to other devices. I even was able to update my password in question after several syncs, but that wasn't a trivial sync:

1. After testing WLAN sync with dummy login items I noticed that my password that wasn't updated on iOS device was actually reverted to the old password in desktop app. I changed it again and started sync.
    2. After sync in iOS app I still had old password, in "Previously Used Passwords" I had a new entry with old password. List of "Previously Used Passwords" looked like this:

2 minutes ago - old password
    5 days ago - new password
    5 days ago - old password

1. Changed it again to the new password in the desktop app - this time sync worked as expected. List of "Previously Used Passwords" looks like this now:

8 minutes ago - old password
    10 minutes ago - old password
    5 days ago - new password
    5 days ago - old password

Now, because when I first wrote this question my login item had old password and "Previously Used Passwords" looked like:

timestamp - new password
    timestamp - old password

it seems to me that somehow sync managed to override old password with a new password and then override new password back with old password (this explains 2 entries in the "Previously Used Passwords" - one per a password change).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

@chekunkov

Thanks for the additional information. Could you please verify that the time, date, and timezone on each device is set the same?

Edit: Also, to answer your question — yes, iCloud sync does generally work, so if it isn’t working for you please see this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Ben

• chekunkov
    chekunkov
    Community Member
    Options

Time, date, and timezone on each device is set the same.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @chekunkov. Please see the guide I posted above re: iCloud. It appears you may have posted while I was editing my post.

Ben

• chekunkov
    chekunkov
    Community Member
    Options

While resetting iCloud data I encountered an error "CloudKit access was denied by user settings" - I found https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74146/cloudkit-access-denied and my iCloud Drive setting was disabled. I enabled it, reset the iCloud data and now iCloud sync works without noticeable issues.

Thanks for your help, Ben!

• Ben
    Options

That’s great to hear. Thanks for the update. :+1: :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.