To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password

Furzul
Furzul
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Memberships

I changed my master ;password and now I cannot log into any of my devices. When i try, I get the following message.
{ see attachment}, my secret key starts [removed — don't post account details on a public forum] which is nothing like the one it is asking for.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

I suspect that I will have to start all over again. Luckily, I have hard copies of my passwords. If someone could tell me how I can erase my account and set up a new one. I have already paid until next January.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Furzul: That shouldn't be necessary. The prefix to the Secret Key is based on the other account credentials; so if you're being asked for the wrong one, it's because you've either changed it, changed some other account credentials (sign in address, for example, by switching account types), or you've simply entered something incorrectly. Are you able to sign in on the website in your browser?

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

No,I cannot log in on Safari. I did regenerate the secret key but I printed it of straight away but it will not except it. Like I said it is asking for a secret key that bears no resembles to the key that I printed.

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Can you tell me how to start again with out having to pay again please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No,I cannot log in on Safari. I did regenerate the secret key but I printed it of straight away but it will not except it. Like I said it is asking for a secret key that bears no resembles to the key that I printed.

@Furzul: It won't give you an incorrect Secret Key. And, after all, you would have never been able to use the account in the first place without the correct one. So something else is off with what you're entering, which is making 1Password expect a different Secret Key. :(

Can you tell me how to start again with out having to pay again please?

Hopefully that's not necessary. Please email us at support@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can investigate further without sharing sensitive account details here in a public forum. Just add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your email before sending:

[#ZNW-97286-142]

If you’re reading this and you are not Furzul, this Support ID is for Furzul only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: ZNW-97286-142

This discussion has been closed.