To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I'm confused! I paid for 1Password years ago. Now told.. "Trial expired. Click here to buy"

I bought and paid for 1Password some years ago. Dutifully upgraded as and when asked to do so. Now access is restricted and I'm told "Trial expired. Click her to buy". I'm an elderly man and it has taken me some time to address this issue. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm confused! I paid for 1Password years ago. Now told.. "Trial expired. Click here to buy"

Comments

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member

Hi Michael,

That's definitely not supposed to happen, but perhaps the information on this support page can help?

Depending on how you originally purchased 1Password, you might have to dig up your old purchase confirmation email with your license info, but if you can't find it, there's a field on that page where you can input your email so they can resend it to you.

If you reply with which operating system your using, along with the version of 1Password you have, or as much of this as you can, it can help narrow down what to do.

Hope this helps,

Adam

• Michael Cunnington
    Michael Cunnington
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

When I initially bought 1Password, I had a different email address i.e. [removed by AgileBits, this is a public forum]
    I now have a different internet provider and my email is [removed]
    I was hoping that you might be able to tally and confirm my membership on your records and communicate with me on my new email address as my old address is now defunct?
    I'm guessing that I bought 1Password about seven or eight years ago.
    Please keep in touch because I'd almost given up resolving this problem.

• Michael Cunnington
    Michael Cunnington
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I've poked around my hard drive and come up with a receipt for my original purchase. I will copy and paste part of the receipt for your information. If you want the full document I can provide it.
    I hope that I am not compromising my security by providing the below information on this forum?

Name: Michael Cunnington
    Key: [removed]
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Register: Click here, or select 1Password > License… and paste the above information.
    Your Purchase Receipt

[removed]

Paid With: PayPal
    Purchase Date: May 02, 2012

What You Purchased Price in USD
    1Password 3 for Mac (Single User License)
    [removed]

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hi Michael,

I hope that I am not compromising my security by providing the below information on this forum?

You definitely shouldn't put your private information on here, since it is a public forum. Trust your gut, and practice better safe than sorry when it comes to sharing on the internet. It looks like it was automatically removed in any case. [edit by AgileBits: it was manually removed]

Purchase Date: May 02, 2012

>

What You Purchased Price in USD
    1Password 3 for Mac

Are you still running the same version, i.e. 1Password 3? With 1Password open, you should can check by going to 1Password on the menu bar and clicking 1Password > About 1Password.

If it's still 1Password 3, you should be able to get going again with the instructions in the article I linked to above. Specifically, there should be a link in there you that says "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License".

If you've since upgraded to a newer version, it's a bit more tangly, since their licensing has changed a fair bit over the years. If you're still having trouble at this point, you should probably try emailing them at support+licenses@agilebits.com. You can include all your license info there since it's a private conversation directly with the folks at AgileBits.

Adam

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Michael Cunnington: Indeed, if you purchase 1Password 3 in 2012, that license won't work in recent versions. That's probably where you're running into trouble, as you'll be in trial mode in the current version until you purchase a license there. You omitted all of the requested information from you original post. Could you tell me which OS and 1Password versions you're using currently, and if you've purchased a newer license, more recently than 2012. Definitely don't post any of the details here, just a brief answer for each, and we'll go from there. :)

• Michael Cunnington
    Michael Cunnington
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Sorry about posting sensitive information previously.
    The whole issue has got me confused and I am looking forward to a resolution!
    You ask for OS and Password versions I'm using.
    I have an iMac, running MacOS 10.13.4
    I'm not certain of the 1Password version currently installed. However, a further search of my hard drive has me believing that I am currently running the 1Password 6.app
    Since I initially purchased and installed 1Password, I have periodically been asked to install updates. I dutifully did as requested and do not recall at any time being asked to pay extra money to facilitate an upgrade.
    My computer usage is minimal and I really depend on 1Password to take the strain off my ageing memory.
    I look forward to a resolution of my problem. It has been left in the "too hard" basket for far too long.
    Incidentally, if you would like to communicate via email, my address is: [removed by AgileBits]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Sorry about posting sensitive information previously.

@Michael Cunnington: No need to apologize! We just want to make sure your privacy is protected the same way we want ours to be. :blush:

The whole issue has got me confused and I am looking forward to a resolution!
    You ask for OS and Password versions I'm using.
    I have an iMac, running MacOS 10.13.4
    I'm not certain of the 1Password version currently installed. However, a further search of my hard drive has me believing that I am currently running the 1Password 6.app

Thank you! :)

Since I initially purchased and installed 1Password, I have periodically been asked to install updates. I dutifully did as requested and do not recall at any time being asked to pay extra money to facilitate an upgrade.

1Password 6 isn't an update you would have been offered from 1Password 3, so I'm not sure what happened there. :(

My computer usage is minimal and I really depend on 1Password to take the strain off my ageing memory. I look forward to a resolution of my problem. It has been left in the "too hard" basket for far too long. Incidentally, if you would like to communicate via email, my address is: [removed by AgileBits]

I hear you. We'll help you get this sorted out. I'll email you shortly and we'll continue the conversation there in case we need to exchange any sensitive information about your setup. :)

ref: YBD-75911-465

This discussion has been closed.