Do I now need to purchase 1 license for 1Password 7 per OS (Mac and Windows) unlike 1Password 6?

Options
garystewart
garystewart
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

In my previous version I was able to use 1 Password with 1 license on both Windows and Mac. Now it looks like I need to purchase 1 license per OS and is very unclear if I pay for Mac will it work on Windows.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: Mac and Windows
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:license stand alone mac windows

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Licenses are per-person and per-platform. If you’d like to cover all platforms we’d recommend our 1Password membership service which gives you access to the latest versions of all of the 1Password apps.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• garystewart
    garystewart
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    It is a real shame that there is no option for per person on all platforms like before as I use a mac for work and windows for home. Might investigate other password apps.

• Ben
    Options

There is: 1Password membership. :)

That said I’d certainly encourage you to try other options. We want people to pick 1Password because they feel it is the best solution for them, not because they feel stuck.

Ben

• soulhammond
    soulhammond
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Ben, 1password may be the best (is the best IMO) but we don't like subscription services, and want to purchase a license. Gary said "It is a real shame that there is no option for per person on all platforms" You know very well he was referring to a License, yet you facetiously said "There is: 1Password membership. :)". Not cool Ben. and you know it. Your attitude makes me want to investigate other password apps as well. What a shame a Team Member would "speak" to a long time customer like that. Sad.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@soulhammond: That wasn't said facetiously. You're projecting on poor Ben there. Not cool. ;)

It reality, it just isn't possible for a single license to work anywhere. Apple and Google don't share, after all. :tongue:

You can, however, get the result you want with a 1Password.com membership, which was Ben's point, in his reply to the person who asked the question.

Anyway, you can find pricing for licenses in the announcements detailing what's new in each:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

Or get all of them as part of a membership. It's your call. Enjoy your weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.