1 Password Mini User Interface: 'more items' unreadable

Options
George9000
George9000
Community Member

While using Mini to quickly look up a password for an item with several similarly named siblings, I saw an incomplete list and was unable to find the specific item without opening the desktop 1Password. This made me wonder why the Mini hadn't give me a prompt saying there were more items to show. As I looked closer at the mini, I realized that the text with the 'more items' prompt was unreadable in the UI for all sections. See screenshot below.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@George9000 - I'm sorry for the trouble; if you're comfortable using the command line, open up Terminal (inside your Utilities folder in your Applications folder), and see if the following commands help get you where you want to be (copy and paste, then press enter):

• If you have our (AgileBits) version of 1Password 6 for Mac:

defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper OPPrefSearchResultsShowMoreLimit -int 10

• If you have the MAS version of 1Password 6 for Mac:

defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper OPPrefSearchResultsShowMoreLimit -int 10

• George9000
    George9000
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That helps.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve searched and found several closed and years old discussions on defeating “show more items” throughout 1Password mini. Is this the current method and which lists does it stop truncating (passwords, websites, categories)?

Please just show me full lists everywhere (so Clippy). “I’m helping”.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BoxCar: I don't understand most of what you said, but forum discussions that are old and inactive are closed. You may be interested in this much newer thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/426414/#Comment_426414

However, the content is virtually identical to Lars's reply above. Have you tried it?

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Let me simplify:
    1. Is this the current & best method to defeat “Show # more” and instead show full lists?
    2. Which lists does it stop truncating (passwords, websites, categories)?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1. Yes. It will become obsolete with 1Password 7 for Mac, though.
    2. Logins and other fill-able items that 1Password mini / the 1Password browser extension offers as possible filling options.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.