i had 2 mini helpers going, tried to silence one now none works How to get back?

zebucat
zebucat
Community Member

Was keeping v6 and testing Beta7. i've since read only have one App. I did something when system tried to keep mini helper alive and I clicked don't show this warning anymore...I thought that would get rid of one mini..wrong.
I've uninstalled with "clean my mac" restarted then reinstalled and restarted a few times and cannot get mini back. I even had to shred what was left(zip file) to get it out of the Apps folder. Is their some system setting somewhere to again allow Mini Helper to work.
Thanks

1Password Version: 6 and Beta 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mini helper

Comments

• Hi @zebucat,

We don't recommend using "cleaner" utilities to uninstall 1Password as they tend to remove more than they should... in the worst of cases we've seen them remove 1Password data. What I would recommend is moving any remaining 1Password applications from the Applications folder to the trash, emptying the trash, and the rebooting the system. You can then install 1Password fresh here:

Please only install one or the other.

You may also need to uninstall any browser extensions you have installed and re-install those:

Please note that with 1Password 7 for Mac the Safari extension is bundled with the app. Please do not install the Safari extension from this page if using 1Password 7.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• zebucat
    zebucat
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    Did all the above and the Mini still didn't come back.
    I believe it was a system dialogue box that originally came up to silence the warnings about mini helper app.
    i've searched system preferences to find any reversal of this to no avail.
    ???

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zebucat - I'm sorry to hear that didn't work; at this point, given that you had two copies of different versions installed simultaneously and you used an app cleaner to remove items, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BJF-62424-924]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @zebucat only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: BJF-62424-924

• zebucat
    zebucat
    Community Member

Thank you
    I have sent the report.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zebucat - yep, I see we've received it; someone should be with you shortly. Let's keep the conversation going via email, if you don't mind, since we'll likely be discussing details of your specific 1Password setup which are best kept off this public forum. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.