To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

It Shows on Facebook Data download you login in with onepassword? Why does it do this?

ptravimp
ptravimp
Community Member

I just download my facebook data and shows I use 1password login. I am very upset. How can you protect or information or password if they know where we are login in from and use are passwords. I am very upset!! I feel like my account can be hack anytime or NSA or government or facebook now know I have onepassword and now me writing this and you don't have email that is protected. Why does it show this in my Data? why? and What are you doing about this? I feel like I am going cancel my account and ask for refund I feel like this is not safe. Does public know your password manger shows up in facebook data, who knows how many other website know this too. Like if you log in tax or any government website now they know? I email you and fill out support form over 72 hours and have not heard back I have proof of this and soon I will cancel my account and will post this to world and youtube and all over and no one will use one password because you can save us for website or people knowing what we have?... So I expect answer soon....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:facebook showing I log in with onepassword

Comments

• ptravimp
    ptravimp
    Community Member

I still never heard back, Now I left message in your comment area about Facebook and Website can see I log in with one password. I need answers why does this show up? what are you doing stop this? You should warn people when you use your password manger when you login to website they can see what your using for password manger....this is uncalled for and no answer from support and no answer been over 72 hours and no answer I have the proof and soon if you do not fix this or give me answer this will be upload to public and i will cancel my account and ask for full refund. It does not say in terms website can tell your using password manger!!! I expect answer in 24 hours

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@ptravimp: Thanks for reaching out!

I just download my facebook data and shows I use 1password login.

Can you tell me specifically what you're referring to. I'm happy to give you some general information about how 1Password works, and that may answer your question on its own, but if you'll let me know what you're talking about I can elaborate on that.

I am very upset. How can you protect or information or password if they know where we are login in from and use are passwords. I am very upset!! I feel like my account can be hack anytime or NSA or government or facebook now know I have onepassword and now me writing this and you don't have email that is protected. Why does it show this in my Data? why? and What are you doing about this? I feel like I am going cancel my account and ask for refund I feel like this is not safe. Does public know your password manger shows up in facebook data, who knows how many other website know this too. Like if you log in tax or any government website now they know? I email you and fill out support form over 72 hours and have not heard back I have proof of this and soon I will cancel my account and will post this to world and youtube and all over and no one will use one password because you can save us for website or people knowing what we have?... So I expect answer soon....

I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, since it looks like you posted here originally just over an hour ago. But we go to a lot of trouble to not only protect our customers' security, but also privacy as well:

About 1Password and your privacy

Essentially, our strategy is to simply not have personal information (apart from what is required for you to pay and to be able to sign in). After all, if we don't have it in the first place, it cannot be stolen from us or misused.

But the way 1Password works security-wise is that we just never have access to your data or anyone else's. It's all encrypted using a Master Password you yourself choose and a Secret Key which is generated locally on your device. And since neither of these are ever sent to us, we don't have them and therefore cannot use them to access your data, and also no one else could take that from us and do the same.

I still never heard back, Now I left message in your comment area about Facebook and Website can see I log in with one password. I need answers why does this show up? what are you doing stop this? You should warn people when you use your password manger when you login to website they can see what your using for password manger....this is uncalled for and no answer from support and no answer been over 72 hours and no answer I have the proof and soon if you do not fix this or give me answer this will be upload to public and i will cancel my account and ask for full refund. It does not say in terms website can tell your using password manger!!! I expect answer in 24 hours

The only way any website will know anything about you is if you tell it. Are you maybe referring to the 1Password X icon which is added on top of login pages so you can use 1Password to sign in?

This isn't something that is given to the website, or that it even knows about. This is added locally in your web browser if you have the extension installed.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions about that, or you were asking about something else, please let me know. :)

ref: TBE-63935-353

• ptravimp
    ptravimp
    Community Member

@brenty and @one password, I am talking about when you download your data it shows you use one password, which means every website I login knows I use one password, and all they have to do is guess my password. or email you get it, or someone hack it, That is what Im worried about. I want to have no trace. So their must be way to hide that? or you all working on patch fix this, Point to have password manger and vpn is not trace what we are doing. So Please write back on fix this so when I log in website they can not see what Im using. Its like it giving them a path........I am sure a lot people are not going like this when more and more read this!!! So please help us fix problem

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brenty and @one password, I am talking about when you download your data it shows you use one password,

@ptravimp: That's pretty vague, but it sounds like you may be referring to the user agent in the built in browser in 1Password for iOS. Is that the case? If so, you can change that to a number of other strings in 1Password > Settings > 1Browser. Just keep in mind that this doesn't stop you from visiting websites and giving them information. 1Password cannot prevent you from doing that.

which means every website I login knows I use one password, and all they have to do is guess my password. or email you get it, or someone hack it,

Nope. As I mentioned above, we don't have access to your data. So it isn't actually possible for us to give it to anyone, including you. If you lose your encrypted data and/or your Master Password needed to decrypt it, you're out of luck. So, similarly, the bad guys can't get the stuff you save in 1Password either, unless you give it to them.

That is what Im worried about. I want to have no trace. So their must be way to hide that? or you all working on patch fix this, Point to have password manger and vpn is not trace what we are doing.

The only way to have no trace is to not use the web at all. No matter which browser you use, it will identify itself to the website. That's how the web works. And even if you use a VPN and take other measures to be anonymous, there are plenty of fingerprinting technologies and will always be more because as you yourself use the web, you're incentivizing companies to device new ways to track you so they can make money off of advertising. To be clear, I'm not saying "don't use the web"; I'm just illustrating that that is the only way you can truly accomplish what you say you're trying to do. That sounds awful, but the plus side is that it doesn't matter: so long as you don't give out sensitive personal information, you can maintain some degree of privacy. But you can't have it both ways; there is no perfect privacy on the public internet. You can, however, maintain your security and compartmentalize things by using 1Password to create unique passwords and "security answers" for websites.

So Please write back on fix this so when I log in website they can not see what Im using. Its like it giving them a path........I am sure a lot people are not going like this when more and more read this!!! So please help us fix problem

To be clear, 1Password's security doesn't depend on no one knowing you use 1Password. It literally doesn't matter, as we've designed it to be secure even if someone steals your device. The data is encrypted using a strong Master Password you choose, so unless it is easily guessable or you give it to them, you're safe.

I hope this helps, but be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.