Sync between laptop and desktop takes about 15 min. Is that normal?

pdk
pdk
Community Member

I have a 1password.com account. On my Windows 10 laptop I added the OTP option to one of my logins. It works and is present when I login to 1password.com online. When I went to my Windows 10 desktop, however, the OTP option didn't appear in 1Password for that login entry for about 15 minutes. Is that normal? Should that update occur immediately upon login?
Phil

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 PRO 64 bit v1709
Sync Type: 1Password.com account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdk: It should be fairly quick, but that also depends on your network setup. Do you have proxy or "security" software that might be interfering a bit? Those are fairly common causes for what you're describing.

• pdk
    pdk
    Community Member

I'm not using any proxy software. I'm running Windows Defender on both PCs, but that's about it. My router runs a stateful firewall. I wouldn't imagine any of those would interfere. As I mentioned, the change went quickly to 1Password.com. But it took a while to update my desktop. The browsers have ad and tracker blocker add-ons. But the desktop app on the desktop didn't see the update for a while.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if the behavior continues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdk: Thats for letting me know. Would you be willing to try the beta of 1Password 7? We've been able to work around a lot of these issues there. Otherwise have found it helps in similar situations, so I wonder if that would help you as well.

• pdk
    pdk
    Community Member

@Brenty: Sure. I understand that the 1Password 7 beta for Windows is pretty close to release. So, I'd be glad to give it a try.

So, you know, I enabled 2FA via OTP on another login and entered it into 1Password. It again is taking time to update on my other PC.

Is the way I update to the V7 beta via settings -> update and tick beta builds?

• pdk
    pdk
    Community Member

@Brenty: OK. I found the link to the latest 1Password 7 beta for Windows and installed it on my laptop and desktop. I set up 2FA via OTP on yet another account login and added the OTP to 1Password on my laptop. By the time I got over to my desktop, the synchronization had occurred!

So, it works fine with the beta. I'm looking forward to trying out the other features and will report any issues.

Thanks so much.

• @pdk: Glad to hear the beta is working better for you! There were a few issues we found in 6.8 that were corrected there, particularly as it relates to network recovery so a lot of little changes added to up to what we feel is a pretty significant improvement. It's good to see it solving real problems in the wild rather than just simulated problems on our own PCs. Enjoy the beta and if you have any feedback about it, be sure to let us know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.