To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Categories Localization issues with 1password.com accounts

Options
jaywang
jaywang
Community Member

Recently I switched to a 1password.com account instead of dropbox vaults, the sync experience is greatly improved since dropbox is a banned service in my country.
But oddly, since I switched, all the categories (login, credit card, social security number, etc.) in the app (Mac/iOS) have become English, which were indeed localized (into simplified Chinese) before.
Since you already have the localization strings (utilized when using dropbox vaults), I don't understand why it now wouldn't just because I'm using 1password.com account. This is really confusing and making it hard for me to get my family onboard with 1Password, since they are not fluent with English.

Also, while you are at it, please consider localizing the web app as well, even if just enough for people to accept invitation and create an account/profile. I bet you guys have a lot of international customers who want to get the whole family onboard.

Thanks,
Jay

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jaywang: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble there. In fact, with 1Password.com accounts, all of the item text is provided by the server. And unfortunately we have not finished the monumental task of making the service localizable. You're right that this is not a good experience for you and the rest of our friends around the world. It's something we're working on, but I can't say when it will be complete. Using the native apps can help a bit since the menus can be localized on each platform (we just added traditional and simplified Chinese in the 1Password for Windows beta, for example), but we need to do a lot of work on the server side for the rest. Once that's done though, you and your loved ones will be able to use 1Password.com accounts and the website itself more easily. Again, I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you right now, but I appreciate you letting us know how important this is to you as well.

This discussion has been closed.