1Password mini Garbled text

Russellkling
Russellkling
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When clicking on the Safari 1Password Extension and starting to type in the search bar you very often get garbled text, see link with snapshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/acjovrdm81d155z/Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 3.23.10 PM.jpg?dl=0

1Password Version: 7 Beta 8
Extension Version: 4.7.1 beta 3
OS Version: 10.13.5 Beta
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @Russellkling,

Well... That’s different. :) Does this happpen for you on macOS 10.13.4 stable? Or does it appear to be exclusive to the 10.13.5 beta?

Ben

• Russellkling
    Russellkling
    Community Member

I’ve had it go back a couple of builds, just decided to report it. Click into that field and start typing a name of a know account it comes up all the time. Just stay with it and you should see it. Why does this version have a smaller button on the browser than other versions?

• Hi @Russellkling

The link to your screenshot no longer works. Could you please try posting it to the forum directly instead of sharing through Dropbox? I’d like to follow up on this issue for you.

Thanks.

Ben

• nbfa
    nbfa
    Community Member

I got the garbled text, too. Attached is a screenshot from Safari, but I also get this occasionally from the menubar. I can confirm I'm using the new 1PW app extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nbfa: Are you still seeing this? I haven't been in the current beta. Make sure you update, and then let me know if you encounter it again.

• melorama
    melorama
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I'm still getting the same behavior on my Mac as well. I see it in 1Password Mini as well as in the Safari Extension. It seems to be random...I can't seem to replicate the behavior on demand, but it happens several times a day.

1Password7.0.BETA-9 (70000009), macOS 10.13.4 (17E199), MacPro5,1, running dual monitor config (driven by NVIDIA GTX 780 graphics card)

• melorama
    melorama
    Community Member

UPDATE:

I'm also seeing this on my 13" 2015 MacBook Pro (1Password7.0.BETA-9 (70000009), macOS 10.13.4, build 17E20, 16 GB RAM)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Melorama - thanks for reporting. We're aware of this issue, and for the present - in terms of your usage and experience - all I can do is apologize for the issue. We are working on some things that should hopefully resolve this issue for the small percentage of users who are experiencing it, but it's not quite ready for release just yet. Keep your eye on the updates, however, and thanks again for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.