1Password X blank in Firefox

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Apart from 1PX issues I was having other addons issues and unexpected crashes which started getting worse with time until finally, firefox crashed 2 seconds after I launched it (even in Safe Mode) so I created a new profile. With the new profile, everything works perfectly 😄 I hope this helps

@ziadkh0: Wow. That's quite a tangle there. I'm always amazed at how many different issues arise with Firefox profiles, so I'm glad that there's a way to create new ones, and that doing so helped you as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@mcgeeco: We're testing something internally that might help work around this limitation in Firefox's extension implementation. Hopefully we'll have an update for you and everyone else in the near future to address that.

Edit: Sorry I mixed the background page issue with the resistfingerprinting workaround were testing. Doh!

• ssdore
    ssdore
    Community Member

I just deleted the extension and reinstalled it. I had tried this before, but this time I went to https://1password.com/browsers/ and this time it worked! Yay!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@ssdore: I don't believe we have anything in the new release that would help with this, but I'll check with the team to see if I've missed the memo. Either way though, I'm glad to hear that it's working better fro you now! :)

ref: b5x-352

• jamesbwte
    jamesbwte
    Community Member

I just deleted the extension and reinstalled it. I had tried this before, but this time I went to https://1password.com/browsers/ and this time it worked! Yay!

Problem still persists for me in Firefox private windows. I know you guys are aware of the problem, I just wanted to make it known after the user's post above that the problem does still exist! No need to respond to me, I know it's on your to-do list.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nevertheless, thanks for chiming in to let us know this is important to you too. I hope we'll be able to find a good solution. :)

• Koza
    Koza
    Community Member

Hello guys, any progress with this issue?
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Koza: No, we don't have a workaround for Firefox not allowing access to the background page in private mode. Perhaps a solution will be discovered in the future though.

This discussion has been closed.