Keeping family members private vaults separated

autigers1970
autigers1970
Community Member

I just switched to a 1Password Family membership but I've evidently done something wrong in how I set this up. When I logged into my wife's account to help her organize things, my private vault is showing up in her 1Password. I'm not sure how that happened or how to fix it.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.3.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• autigers1970
    autigers1970
    Community Member

Ok, I think I figured this out and got my wife set up with her own private vault now. But now I have another issue. The Shared vault in my account isn't showing up on her side. We keep various shared logins in that vault. I've hit Manage Access and it says all family members can see it now, but when I go over to her 1Password, it's not there.

• autigers1970
    autigers1970
    Community Member

Well, managed to figure this one out too. I kept trying to figure out how to allow the Shared vault to be shared in the 1Password app, but figured out that I had to log into 1Password.com in my browser to confirm the new family member and then the vault was shared like it should have been.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry for the confusion there, but glad to hear you were able to get your wife invited, setup, and confirmed so she has her own 1Password.com account in your family plan and has her own Private vault along with access to the vault you shared with her. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.