My son is on my family account, but on his laptop 1Password shows his account is frozen.

rbotzer
rbotzer
Community Member

My son is on my family account, using the latest version 6.8.8 of 1Password. For some reason, his account shows that it is frozen for lack of payment. He's not supposed to be paying anything. In my dashboard under 'People' I see that his account is active.

Any idea what is happening here?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Frozen family account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rbotzer: Then he has more than one account — at least two: one where you invited him to your 1Password Families plan, and another that he probably setup himself, perhaps an individual account that he never setup billing for and has since been frozen. He'll need to sign into both accounts in the app and copy his data from the frozen account to the other. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rbotzer
    rbotzer
    Community Member

They're both one and the same. They have the same email address, so there's no real way to sign in separately. The only reason he had to do that was that initially the app insisted he needs to set up an account.

• The sign-in addresses and Secret Keys will be different, and that is how each is signed into separately. It is entirely possible to have completely separate accounts under the same email address.

If it’d be easier we’d be happy to work directly with your son on resolving this. To best facilitate that I'd like to ask you to have him create a diagnostics report the your Mac (while signed into his account):

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With the email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/426742/#Comment_426742

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see the diagnostics in our inbox.

When the email is sent he should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.