Schwab

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to fill Schwab.

Comments

• nrh
    nrh
    Community Member

Came to post the same issue - the url in Ben's comment doesn't work for me.

• Hi @nrh — I just tested using the URL I posted above and it still works for me. Could you please try saving a new login from that page and see if that fills?

Ben

• nrh
    nrh
    Community Member

Sorry, I see now this is the iOS forum - was the first search result for schwab.com

My problem is macos/chrome - for me, this url works in 1passwordX on macos/chrome, but not with the regular 1password extension on chrome.

Amusingly, the regular extension works for https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux, but the 1passwordX extension does not.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nrh,

Am I correct in that the URL you say doesn't work with the regular extension is https://lms.schwab.com/Login?ClientId=schwab-secondary&StartInSetId=1&enableAppD=false&RedirectUri=client.schwab.com/Login/Signon/AuthCodeHandler.ashx and what do you mean by doesn't work? I don't have a Schwab account to test with but when I created a dummy Login item and then attempted to fill the reloaded page both fields filled. On the surface it looks fine unless it's an issue that arises after submitting. I'm happy to test more if there is something you think I've missed :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vihang: It would be helpful to know the exact OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, and what in particular doesn't work for you.

• vihang
    vihang
    Community Member

@brenty Sorry about that, I know how frustrating bad bug reports are and yet I did the same thing to you.
    I am running Google Chrome 68.0.3440.106 on macOS 10.13.6 with 1Password 7.1.BETA-3 and 1Password beta chrome extension 4.7.3.1

The schwab login page has worked on and off over the years but it started working more consistently a few months ago. Just wanted to chime in and say that 1Password can no longer fill the page again (as of ~a month ago, maybe a bit longer).

This specific workflow that is mildly more irritating is that it now takes one more click to copy password to clipboard from the chrome extension (click on suggested item and then copy instead of just hover and copy) and also that Cmd + / doesn't keep the 1Password popup open, so now I have to click the button next to the chrome extension bar, but then move my pointer all the way to the 1P popup which is near the text form instead of the extension button and then copy my password and fill it in manually.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more specific information from me. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vihang: No worries. Just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place. I really appreciate the detail. :)

Indeed, I've got the same setup here. But I'm not having any trouble saving and filling login credentials here using 1Password:

https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/login/login.html&lang=en

Please try these steps to save a new login manually, since that will give 1Password the information it needs to fill there:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Let me know how it goes. :)

• vihang
    vihang
    Community Member

@brenty I followed your instructions (and tried a few different times just to be sure), but after I click Save New Login, I don't get an option to set a name or hit save, the popup just closes. I even tried moving my current login to the trash and trying it again, but Save New Login did nothing and I didn't see any new logins in my vault (after which I restored my old Login from the trash).

Out of curiosity, I fired up Firefox Quantum 61.0.2 and Safari 11.1.2 on the same machine and 1Password could successfully Fill and Submit on that login page, so seems like this is a Chrome specific problem (or maybe 1Password is fighting some other Chrome extensions, I will try again with some extensions disabled and see how it goes).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't get an option to set a name or hit save, the popup just closes.

@vihang: Are you maybe updating your existing login instead of saving a new one? I haven't heard of anyone else being unable to save logins. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance! If nothing else, make sure you update Chrome completely and restart your Mac in case something's hung up there.

• vihang
    vihang
    Community Member

@brenty Saving a new login does work on other sites, once I hit the gear in the extension popup and select Save New Login I get a native popup with a Create New and Update Existing tabs and indication of what vaults to save into etc. However on the Schwab page, that native popup never appears. (Which also means there's nothing to really screenshot).
    I can take a screen recording if you'd like but it's a bit more challenging to redact personal information there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@vihang: It sounds like it's only not working for you in Chrome though, is that correct? It's definitely working here, so it's got to be something specific to your setup. Creating a new Chrome profile and try it there:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Also, do you maybe have an exclusion for the website in 1Password Preferences > Browsers? I'm not sure what could account for it not working just on your machine. It may be worth installing a fresh copy of Chrome.

• DallasNChains
    DallasNChains
    Community Member

A co-worker on Twitter told me to try using 1Password X. That finally made Schwab work for me! I tried everything to get the regular Chrome extension to work without any luck. Give it a go, @vihang!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that 1Password X helped in your case. You may be glad to know that the new filling engine we've been working on there will be making it to the other apps too. And we're always working to improve it across the board. Cheers! :)

• touko
    touko
    Community Member

I'm still seeing this happening on macOS Chrome. It never worked for me for a long time, miraculously worked a few days ago, then back to not working.

Versions:

System Version: macOS 10.14.2 (18C54)

Google Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Revision 15234034d19b85dcd9a03b164ae89d04145d8368-refs/branch-heads/3578@{#897}
    OS Mac OS X

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.4 (70204000)
    AgileBits Store

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@touko: I use Schwab at least weekly, and I haven't had trouble with it. Can you give some specifics?

• Browser extension version number
    • URL where you're having difficulty
    • Exact steps you're taking -- clicking toolbar button, pressing keyboard shortcut, etc.
    • The result you're getting -- e.g. username does not fill, page reloads, etc.

Thanks!

• touko
    touko
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Ok, here are more details.

Extension version: 4.7.3.90
    URLs:

Steps tried:

• Click on the toolbar button, and click on the entry for Schwab/click fill next to the entry for Schwab.
    • Click on the menu bar icon, and click on the entry for Schwab/click fill next to the entry for Schwab.
    • Right click on the form, click 1Password on the context menu, and click on the entry for Schwab/click fill next to the entry for Schwab.

Result: Absolutely nothing happens, other than the 1password popup disappearing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@touko: Okay. Thank you for the detailed description! It's clear that something is not right on your system, as it definitely works here at both URLs with the same OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions. Do you have both the browser and 1Password installed in the system /Applications folder? If not, they cannot communicate with each other.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#LSM-16823-626]

If you’re reading this and you are not touko, this Support ID is for touko only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: LSM-16823-626

• touko
    touko
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Yes, both are in /Applications. After all, if that were the problem, I would assume 1Password wouldn't work at all.

I've inspected the logs generated by the diagnostics tool. Unfortunately, I'll have to purge two logs that contain systemwide logs and process information due to security reasons. Are there any particular lines you may be looking for on those two files?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@touko: I have no idea what I'm looking for at this point. It could be anything that's different about your setup compared to others, where it's working as expected. There may be errors being generated by 1Password, the browser, or the OS itself. Since I have none of the details at this point, your guess will be better than mine, since you know what you've installed, if there's something interfering. I'm not sure I understand your comment about "security reasons". The system should not be logging any sensitive information. But then again if you've modified the system to setup something like Wireshark, that could very well happen.

• touko
    touko
    Community Member

The system runs a few proprietary daemons which I believe may fall under corporate secrets. I can’t exactly share them raw short of going through our security team for approval.

It’s possible that one of them is causing this, but nothing is sure at this point. I’m going to filter events as necessary and send the rest over. I also checked the OPW logs and they don’t seem to contain anything that may be a potential problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ahh, understood. That's probably not typical. Just glad it isn't something we're doing. Send whatever you can, and I'll get the notification via email for that Support ID and take a look. :)

This discussion has been closed.