To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't log into account

Options
RandyS
RandyS
Community Member

Hello. I have a 1Password license that I have been using for 5 years. Last year I did a trial of the account system, but decided not to use use it after the free trial period. I want to try using an account again, but I can't get signed in.

I have my Emergency Kit, so I have the Secret Key, but I either can't remember the Master Password that I used, or it just isn't available after I discontinued the trial.

There is no data in the account that need to be recovered. I just want to start paid monthly service using that same email.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Randy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ToInfinityandBeyond
    ToInfinityandBeyond
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening,

Hello @RandyS, if you forgot your master password you can find in the following web pages a reference guide on how to resolve this matter.

1. A complete reference guide:
    1. A guide to change your password:

I hope this follow through helps resolve your matter.

Sincerely,

ToInfinity&Beyond

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @ToInfinityandBeyond. :) If you need further assistance please let us know, @RandyS.

Ben

• ToInfinityandBeyond
    ToInfinityandBeyond
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to help!
    @Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• RandyS
    RandyS
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the help @Ben @brenty and @ToInfinityandBeyond , but this did not solve my issue. I am trying to either get into or reset an existing account.

I went through the "Reset All 1Password Data" procedure and created a new vault, then tried to log into the account trough the app, using the new Master Password and existing email and Secret Key credentials, but the account is associated with my lost Master Password.

I am trying to restart paid monthly service with 1Password. I cannot gain access to my account, because I seem to have forgotten my Master Password. I try to create a new account on the website, but when I input my email, it says that I have an existing account. But I can't sign in due to the lost Master Password.

How can I restart monthly service with 1Password using that existing email address?

Thanks,

Randy

• RandyS
    RandyS
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

It says that if I have a 1Password membership, and need to reset my account on 1Password.com, that I need to contact support. So here I am. See below from the 1Password website:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RandyS: Thanks for getting back to us! This isn't something we can discuss here in a public forum on more than a superficial level (as above) since it involves account information, but since I see you've also emailed us separately I'll reply there shortly to help you get things sorted out. :)

ref: QGQ-83218-293

This discussion has been closed.