Local vaults and attachments

amelandri
amelandri
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all,

I just downloaded 7.0.539 and testing local vaults I noticed that I cannot create a "Document" entry.
Since it's the first time I use local vaults, maybe I'm missing something. Is this the intended behavior or it's a missing feature or a bug?

Thanks,

Alessandro

1Password Version: 7.0.539
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amelandri,

Thank you for giving 7.0.539 a try! :+1:

Documents are not available outside 1Password accounts. We will be bringing attachments for items in local vaults instead, so please stay tuned for future updates. Please note that Related items are also not available in local vaults, but you should be able to tag the items together.

Let me know if it helps. If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• amelandri
    amelandri
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

thanks for the quick reply and clarification. I'll wait for attachment then.
    I need to encrypt documents containing sensitive medical data for patients but I absolutely cannot sync them with a cloud service.

Cheers,
    Alessandro

• Hi @amelandri,

We understand. If you were already using 1Password 4 or 1Password app on other platform like macOS, you can add attachments there and 1Password 7 Beta for Windows will pull them in. The only missing thing is the ability to add/create new attachments within 1Password 7 Beta.

By the way, we'd like to know more about your requirements. Is it that you cannot store anything at all outside of your local device or does the cloud service have to be HIPAA-compliant or other regulations? We are HIPAA compliant (link) along with other regulations while working to add more. If you have one that we don't comply with, we'd be happy to look into it.

• kiranmr
    kiranmr
    Community Member

I am also testing 1Password-7.0.539 Windows Beta. I have imported my local vault from 1Password 4 which had many attachments. I am unable to delete older attachments or add new attachments. This feature was great for folks who are using local vaults.

• amelandri
    amelandri
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,
    I cannot share those files on cloud services because of a company policy.
    Files include medical prescription containing patients sensitive data (name, birth date, pathology, causes, etc) or CT-Scans

Anyway, I didn't new that 1Password id HIPAA compliant so I'll keep it in mind if we'll be allowed to use cloud services :-)

Thanks again,

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi guys,

@amelandri, awesome, thank you for that details. We may look into doing more public education about HIPAA and why 1Password.com can be useful in medical practices.

@kiranmr,

I am unable to delete older attachments or add new attachments. This feature was great for folks who are using local vaults.

It is definitely coming, we just haven't implemented them yet. Creating new attachments requires additional code that we don't have yet and deleting attachment requires the same. It is not the same as just emptying the file as we need to update the local files to sync to other platforms to ensure they don't think this is a missing file that needs to be restored.

• kiranmr
    kiranmr
    Community Member

Thanks for the update @MikeT. Good to know this feature is on product roadmap.

• You're welcome. We are expecting this to be finished before the first 7.0 stable release, so it will be there.

This discussion has been closed.