1password standalone does not activate migrating old license file

Hello, I am a customer of 1password since many years using the standalone version, as I don't want my data to stay outside my computer.

I've migrate my macbook, I've reinstalled it from Mac App Store (version 6.8.8.), I've copyied all the director "Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/" to the new user on the new Mac.

However it doesn't yet activate and keep saying "Read only mode - click here to buy" .

What should I do in order to migrate successfully the license from my old Mac to the new one?

The content of the migrated directory is:

/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//Library
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//Library/Application Support
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//Library/Preferences
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//Library/Preferences/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.plist
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//Library/Caches
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//App Store Receipts
/Users/XXX/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits//App Store Receipts/receipt

Waiting for yours

Regards

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X Latest
Sync Type: None - standalone

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @fpietrosanti

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Did you originally purchase 1Password for Mac from Apple or from us? Applications purchased from Apple through the Mac App Store use your Apple ID as proof of purchase. To properly license 1Password please drag the 1Password app to the Trash from the Applications folder and then empty the trash. Then launch the App Store app on your Mac and make sure you are signed in to the same Apple ID that you used to purchase 1Password for Mac originally. This must be the exact same ID. One that is part of a Family Sharing plan will not work. Once you are logged into the correct Apple ID use the Purchases tab to install 1Password.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Hi Ben, what a super fast and precise reply!! Thanks :-))

So, ok, i got it, it's because I'm using a different account as my previous one got lost. Are there any kind of procedure to transfer it, if I send you by email the license file?

• As another issue, I've tried to click "buy it" and I got this screenshot-presented but the "Purchase License" when it's clicked does not open a browser :

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

as my previous one got lost.

There’s an app for that. :) Unfortunately we have no way of directly helping with lost Apple ID credentials. If you have your receipt (email) from your purchase of 1Password please send it to [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help.

Thanks.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file