is it possible to autofill credit card details

Very simple question, a search on previous posts confused me more than it helped. Is it possible for 1password to auto fill credit card details when a website requires them? Thats Number/expiry/CVC Ive never been able to despite having the information stored in 1password.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill creditcards

Comments

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member

Hey @Blackbart,

I'm an avid daily user of 1Password on multiple platforms, and I think I can offer some help here.

First, just to be clear on this, 1Password never automatically fills anything, if by auto filling you mean automatically putting information into fields after a page loads. In other words, it always requires interaction from you to fill anything (i.e. right-click, select 1Password, select the item you want to fill). I know it might sound like I'm splitting hairs here, but it is a but an important distinction.

If you've got the browser extension, you should definitely be able to get 1Password to fill in all relevant details from a credit card if you've got it stored as a Credit Card item in 1Password. It can also fill name and address info from an Identity item. I use it this way regularly, so I can vouch for this. This support article does a great job of explaining and demonstrating the process:

Use 1Password to save and fill credit cards and addresses

The folks who make 1Password are really good at getting 1Password to figure out what goes where, but sometimes a particular web form won't work quite right, so 1Password might not get, say, the CVV or expiry date. This is because not all forms on the web are created the same way, so 1Password maybe can't tell which field it should be put into, for example. I run into this occasionally. If you've got the browser extension and everything else is working fine, you should probably let the team know which site isn't working for you. They may be able to help you get it working from that information, or fix it so it works for that site.

Hope this helps,

Adam

• Blackbart
    Blackbart
    Community Member

Adam

Thanks for the trouble. Unfortunately earlier today I took out a Netflix subscription. I manually filled in my name but using the steps you and the video outline I attempted to fill the crucial Credit card details. Nothing happened ie the fields remained blank. Ive no idea what the issue is.

Thanks
    Stephen

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member

It looks like Netflix is one of those sites where the filling doesn't work correctly. I just tried it using my personal Netflix as well, and experienced the same thing. 1Password won't fill any of the fields in the payment information page
    at https://www.netflix.com/simplemember/editcredit. [For reference to AgileBits, I was using Chrome on Mac.]

We're not the only ones either. There's at least one existing thread in this forum regarding issues with filling credit card info on the Netflix site. Hopefully, our additions to this will help get a fix in. In the meantime, I bet if you try it elsewhere, you'll have a much better experience.

Cheers,

Adam

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Blackbart: Thanks for getting in touch about this. I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me about your setup? You omitted all of the requested version information from your original post. I'm not able to reproduce the issue here, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong please. Please let me know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using. I'll be happy to test it to see what we can do to fix it. Thanks in advance!

• Blackbart
    Blackbart
    Community Member

Thanks guys

I think its unfortunate my first attempt at using auto fill for a credit card was Netflix where it wont function properly? Ill give it ago again with a different site when I next need to!

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Blackbart,

Even having a Netflix account myself I couldn't have told you with certainty how 1Password would have performed with filling. I know we fill the sign-in form well but because you only need to update your card details once every so many years I've never had personal need to try and fill there. Thank you for letting us know about that and I do hope you find 1Password does a better job on the next form.

This discussion has been closed.