Login requring three input items

Not sure if this is peculiar to 1P7 or also exists in 1P4. I have a login which require three items to be entered on the same screen:
User Name
Family Name
Password
1P7 fills in the first and last item but leaves the family name blank. Is there a way to solve this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Andrew42: This is actually more of an extension issue than anything. This is sometimes fixable, but not always. It really depends on the design of the form. Could you share the sign-in URL you're working with, by chance? The best way to find a solution for you is to spend some time trying to create a working Login ourselves. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Here it is: American Airlines Aadvanatge Log in. I think they changed the format because it never used to require the family name.

https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login

Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@Andrew42: In the past, because they have two different login processes, a login saved at one page often wouldn't work well on the other. But it does look like something's changed there. We'll see if there's something we can do to make 1Password smarter about this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#130

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. It is not a major issue because the log in obviously fails and adding the family name manually is not that tough to do. Even at my advanced age I can still, thankfully, remember my name. However, solving the problem would cover me for when senility truly creeps in!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Amen! Not that tough, but frustrating. I'm sorry it's affecting you, and I also feel the myself. We've had similar issues there in the past, and with some travel planning I'll be doing again soon this will be on my mind! :dizzy:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I notice there is now another thread on the American Airlines issue I am having. Should I simply follow the suggested workaround?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Andrew42,

The steps contained in this reply should allow you to create a Login item that fills all three fields. Normally this shouldn't be required but the American Airlines site seems to confuse 1Password as you've personally observed. I would hope that if you create a Login item with those steps that you do find it reliably fills all three fields.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you very much. I have tried to follow the steps and must be doing something wrong. I am using 1P7. There is no File Import that I can see but when I click on 1Password I get a drop down menu with Import. I click on that and it opens a screen with two choices. One is to select the vault into which I wish to import but when opened there are no vaults there to choose. See attached.
    Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

So my original steps were directed at 1Password for Mac but you seem to have correctly adapted them. I'm not sure what is happening there so I'm hoping that @bundtkate might have a better idea given her superior familiarity with Windows over my passable knowledge.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks I'm looking forward to learning more.

• @Andrew42: I do have an answer for you, but not a great one for the moment. You cannot import 1PIF into a standalone vault in 1Password 7 just yet. It's one of those things we're still working on introducing. The only workaround I can think up would be to create a new standalone vault in 1Password 7 (1Password > New Vault on this PC). Create it on Dropbox and give it a name that lets you know you don't need to keep it around. Install 1Password 4 for Windows temporarily, open that (presently empty) new vault, and import the item in 1Password 4. After that, uninstall 1Password 4, open up 1Password 7, move that item into your primary vault, remove the extra vault, and delete it from Dropbox to avoid later confusion.

The above is just a quick-n-dirty rundown, because it's obviously not a simple or fun process. Were I in your shoes, I'd probably just hang tight and 1PIF import for standalone vaults will put in an appearance in a future update. Given your earlier mention that manually filling that third field isn't that awful, I'd wager my hacky workaround is a bit worse and you'll net yourself less work by waiting. If you're interested in getting this sorted right away, though, I'd be happy to provide more detailed instructions to help you get it done. :chuffed:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you @bundkate. You read my mind! You are quite correct: it's not worth the agony.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: If it helps, this is something we're continuing to look into. I can't promise we'll find a solution in short order, but there are many of us here who would very much like one too. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we feel your pain. We'll see what we can do. :blush:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Brenty, seriously, it's no pain. As and when works for me

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience and understanding. :)

This discussion has been closed.