Bug in 1password on High Sierra - Causes the user to be logged out

toomanyairmiles
toomanyairmiles
Community Member

There is a hard to replicate/inconsistent bug in 1Password on High Sierra, occasionally when the Chrome browser extension is activated the machine locks and the user account is logged out.

This has been going on for me since High Sierra launched and I took it for an Apple Bug. As I was on an upgrade install rather than a clean install I assumed it must also be a condition affecting my machine alone. However I've recently experienced the same issue on a client's machine and done a clean install on my own machine - same issues arises even with only the OS, Chrome and 1password installed.

It's pretty hard to replicate, really you just have to keep opening the menu in Chrome on different websites until it occurs.

My machine is a 12 core cMP 5,1 with 80Gb RAM. Client machine a 2013 MBP with 16Gb RAM.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toomanyairmiles: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This isn't a 1Password bug, as the same thing happens with Chrome on Windows too, and even without 1Password installed. Unfortunately I'm not sure why this happens or what the solution is. But if you have the steps to reproduce it, it may be possible for the Chrome team to help.

This discussion has been closed.