browser extension missing login

Options
phousedj
phousedj
Community Member

First off, not a beta install but only beta option available on the category?

But this is the issue, I have a few team vaults added, and I've noticed passwords in those vaults dont always work/are not shown in the browser extension but are on the full desktop 1password app. I removed the extension/restart but same issue. The passwords from the team vault (cloud) and desktop appear to be fine but just not in the browser extension. I do see other passwords so its not the vault.

ideas?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox/1password team account
Referrer: forum-search:browser extension missing login

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

First off, not a beta install but only beta option available on the category?

@phousedj: I'm not sure what you mean. These are the options I see when creating a new discussion:

But this is the issue, I have a few team vaults added, and I've noticed passwords in those vaults dont always work/are not shown in the browser extension but are on the full desktop 1password app. I removed the extension/restart but same issue. The passwords from the team vault (cloud) and desktop appear to be fine but just not in the browser extension. I do see other passwords so its not the vault.

Can you tell me what you mean by "passwords in those vaults dont always work"? An example would be great. I'm just not sure if you're saying you are having trouble logging into a specific website, or something else. Thanks in advance!

• phousedj
    phousedj
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Brenty.

RE the 1st issue, all the fields were greyed out/not selectable sans the Mac Beta/1password 6 beta options. Go figure

The key issue on the browser extension, is that it's not displaying/listing some logins but those logins are shown in the full desktop 1password app. It's like the extension has an old/cached version of the logins in some cases, perhaps with some vaults. I actually have the same issue on two computers (both with Chrome), so it seems super strange, like a permission issue but only a few logins.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

RE the 1st issue, all the fields were greyed out/not selectable sans the Mac Beta/1password 6 beta options. Go figure

@phousedj: Yeah, that's really weird. I believe you. I've just not been able to reproduce the same problem myself. I appreciate you bringing it up though. We'll continue to look into it. :blush:

The key issue on the browser extension, is that it's not displaying/listing some logins but those logins are shown in the full desktop 1password app. It's like the extension has an old/cached version of the logins in some cases, perhaps with some vaults. I actually have the same issue on two computers (both with Chrome), so it seems super strange, like a permission issue but only a few logins.

Are these perhaps set to "Display" = "Never"? You can check (and change this) by editing. Since you're experiencing the same issue with two different computers (and probably the same data), that seems likely. Let me know what you find!

• phousedj
    phousedj
    Community Member
    Options

That was it!! I had no idea this setting even existed. Given that my coworker setup the login, she probably accidentally set that.

Thanks!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@phousedj - Glad to hear that got things sorted out. On behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.