1PW7 keyboard navigation in All Items, by "Title" sort, jumping to a specific letter

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

In All Items view, when I have the sort set to "Title" view, I want to be able to jump to all entries beginning with a specific letter and I do that in the middle panel by pressing the desired letter, example M. This works in 1PW (but unlike in File Explorer where I picked up this habit) focus jumps to the letter with M appearing on the very bottom row visible on screen.

Ideally navigation behavior would work like File Explorer, if you press M, focus jumps to the first object beginning with M at the top of the screen, so all M* items are visible on screen.

thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.540
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win8.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation with the UI library we're working with. It does not allow us to select and scroll it up to make it first item.

We have the same issue with the last used item in 1Password mini, we want to show the selected item on top but it isn't possible. At this moment, we cannot scroll items to the top yet. We're trying to find a different solution for this but as you've noticed over the few months; selecting, focusing, hovering, and scrolling are all a fragile beast on Windows.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@MikeT okay, good to know. I've made two separate recommendations to 2 different people in the last week for 1Password. You rock~

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No, you rock! Seriously, thanks for your support, feedback, and spreading the word about 1Password. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.