Want to upgrade from Standalone but worried...

Bo_RacicBo_Racic
edited April 2018 in Purchasing

Have used standalone licenses since 1Password began.
Now with many devices (to date all Apple), I think it's time to upgrade to membership but......
I cannot find my license key. if I bought originally from Apple, there is no way I can find original documentation or, after over 10+ years, know which email I used then for my appleid. I tried your 'email me my accounts' system, which came back with nothing. Found an email from yourselves (2016) which relates to a trial of your family membership (I didn't take that up), but nothing else.

So my question is...
If I now choose to buy and individual subscription:-
1. Will I be able to transfer my data, without needing my 10+ year old appleid and/or email?
2. Once all up and running, will I then have an account with you for the product, and then be able to forget the 'apple' connection?

1Password 6.8.8
Mac High Sierra
Extension 4.7
Sync: Dropbox
Ipad
iPhone 5s

Many thanks
Christine

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited April 2018

@Bo_Racic: Thanks for reaching out. Good questions! First and foremost, you don't need to find your original license. You can sign up any time without doing additional "paperwork"! ;)

1. Will I be able to transfer my data, without needing my 10+ year old appleid and/or email?

Yep! This guide will take you through signing up, migrating your existing data, and setting up all of your other devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

1. Once all up and running, will I then have an account with you for the product, and then be able to forget the 'apple' connection?

Exactly! A 1Password.com membership includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data — along with many other benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: ZBV-27831-854

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file