Password suddenly stopped working on all devices

jgarbis
jgarbis
Community Member

I have been using 1Password daily and entered my password at least 100 times. I can't log into 1Password through the Chrome extension, through the application on my laptop, or through my iphone. I am positive I am typing it correctly, and even tried copying and pasting it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: have been using 1Password since July 7, 2016. I have the browser extension on chrome and the application on my MacBook Pro. It is currently up to date. Today I can't log into 1Password through the Chrome extension, through the application on my laptop, or through the online portal. I am certain I am typing it correctly, and even tried copying and pasting it.

Comments

• Hi @jgarbis,

There are a few different things that could be happening here. First and foremost I’d recommend reading through this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

One of the more common difficulties people run into is mixing standalone vaults and 1Password memberships. When a standalone vault / “Primary” vault exists 1Password will only unlock with the Master Password for that vault, and not the membership account password. If multiple memberships exist then 1Password unlocks with the password of the first membership account that was added to that device.

You may be used to entering the Master Password for the Primary vault, which may be different from your 1Password membership account password.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.