Starting again on a mac

Options
philipbe
philipbe
Community Member

Hi there

I had 1P originally with the primary vault then additional vaults. I now also have 1P Family for myself and my wife. I took Mac into repair, it's come back wiped but now works much better so I've decided to reinstall everything a fresh. I have put 1P on the mac and have managed to connect the family folder. I have also located the two other vaults (that I still need and need to clean up at some point) and put them into my icloud folder. When I click on one of the keychains I get the following message: Importing from keychains is not currently supported in vaults from 1Password accounts. So how do I get my data from these vaults back into 1P please? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud or 1P

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @philipbe,

In order to utilize standalone (non-membership) vaults you’ll need to enable 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts. Once you’ve done that you can use 1Password > Preferences > Sync to sync additional vaults. Please note that only one vault can be synced from iCloud. If you need to sync multiple non-membership vaults you’d need to use Dropbox instead of iCloud.

If possible I’d recommend migrating the data from these vaults to membership vaults. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• philipbe
    philipbe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. So to be clear:
    1. change preferences
    2. place vaults in dropbox folder
    3. link vaults to new 1p
    4. move data from old vaults to family set up
    5. Done!

• Ben
    Options

Looks right. :) Please let us know how you make out. I would add that once you’ve done the move (step 4) we’d recommend removing the standalone vaults from 1Password. You could keep them around as an archive/backup if you’d like, but having them attached to 1Password for Mac may cause some undesired side-effects. For example 1Password for Mac will unlock with the Master Password of the Primary vault instead of your 1Password account Master Password.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.