Markdown applying to old notes fields and secure notes

Options
louisxiv
louisxiv
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I like Markdown formatting, generally speaking, but not retro-applied to formerly plain text fields and notes that MAY include characters which Markdown interprets and swallows.

Is there a way of turning Markdown off, globally or individually, or am I doomed to editing everything to be sure to see raw text in old notes?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @louisxiv,

Sorry to hear about the snag here. There is no way to turn off markdown, so if you have notes that are being translated where you don’t want the only solution at this point would be to edit those notes.

Ben

ref: apple-460

• christianmlong
    christianmlong
    Community Member
    Options

Agree, we need a way to disable markdown for existing notes.

• Ben
    Options

@christianmlong,

We are looking at the possibility of adding an option to disable markdown globally. I don’t know when we might see that in an update, but part of our spec does define that option, and so unless the spec changes it should be added at some point.

Ben

• nwmike
    nwmike
    Community Member
    Options

I'll add my vote to be able to turn off Markdown in the notes area. This has made a mess of my notes that heavily use special characters.

• JBB
    JBB
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to see Markdown support the tables feature. Dunno why that was left out.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback @nwmike and @JBB! Noted and passed along.

This discussion has been closed.