Credit card expiry date field not valid [Legacy field, working on fixing it soon]

cromm
cromm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've got 7 credit cards in my stand alone vault. Half of them are have "Expiry Date" field saying "This field is not supported by this version of 1Password". Yet the other have is showing Expiry Date without issue.

Edit - also happening for my drivers license (only one of those unfortunately)

1Password Version: 7.0.541
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cromm: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! It sounds like there may be some legacy data there that the new app does not support. If you create a new item, does it work as expected? Do you know where and when you might have created these items?

• cromm
    cromm
    Community Member

Driver's license was created 2013, as were some of the credit cards that don't work with that field. However I've got two credit cards that were created on the same day, one is showing the expiry date without issue and the other shows the error message.

• Hi @cromm,

We'll need to review your item's data structure to understand why 1Password can't parse it, we won't need the data itself, just the way it is laid out. If you're willing to help us fix this, can you do the following:

1. Select the affected credit card item in the main 1Password window and press F12 on your keyboard, this will bring up 1Password Developer Tools window
    2. In this window, it'll show your item's raw content. Click on Remove personal data blue text on top right to remove your data
    3. Your data should now be sanitized but make sure that it got all of it. Copy and paste this to send it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and please include the link to this thread and your forum username, so we can connect the email to this thread.

Thanks!

• cromm
    cromm
    Community Member

Requested information has been emailed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cromm: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at them and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: FNB-99922-352

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I have experienced this after conversion to 7 too. I just edited those 3 cards I have noticed being affected manually. Do you need anything from me?

• Hi @mzel,

Yes, we need to look at the original items to see how they were originally saved. Do you still have 1Password 4 installed with the original AgileKeychain vault? If yes, can you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your forum username and the link to this thread included, so we can work with you directly to figure this out.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I upgraded to 1P7 on my desktop PC, but not on the laptop. I still have 1P4 on my laptop, but it is using the opvault repository. I do not remember switching to opvault, and I do not remember deleting the old repository either. However I can not find the old agilekey repository in my Dropbox

• Hi @mzel,

That would mean you were already using OPVault and 1Password 7 didn't convert anything.

We found the cause of the issue as the Credit Card item was originally created with a legacy structure for expiration type that we don't use anymore. We're working on adding special handling to upgrade that field to the one we do use, our aim is to have it in the next update.

ref: OPW-2144

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Ok, thanks. It is possible that I converted to OPVault long time ago

• Yep, OPVault came out a few years ago, it's just that 1Password 4 did not default to it.

This discussion has been closed.