How do I allow my spouse access to my personal vault?

Options
EnsPulver
EnsPulver
Community Member

I have no secrets from my spouse, so how do I change access to my Personal Vault to allow her to see it?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @EnsPulver,

It isn’t ever possible for one user to access the Personal / Private vault of another user. There are a couple of options to share this data with your wife, though:

1. You could create a vault that is shared between the two of you and then move all of your data from the Personal vault to that shared vault, and (optionally) remove the Personal vault from your All Vaults view in the client apps.
    2. You could share your Master Password and Secret Key with your wife. She could then login to 1Password as you.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@EnsPulver

The wife and I personally use option 1 from Ben's post above.

It works fairly well, just if one of you happen to say I know I saved that login, Try looking in the personal vault, we have had a few occasions where we accidentally saved stuff in the personal vault and well the other person could obviously no see that data. Fairly simple check and fix, for us, if it happens.

• EnsPulver
    EnsPulver
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt solution to my problem. Why is 1Password so complicated to work with and where is the manual that covers all of these nuances? It takes too long to find the answers to the many questions that come up. It's definitely a love-hate relationship.

• Ben
    Options

I’m sorry to hear you feel that way, @EnsPulver. Our documentation can be found here:

https://support.1password.com

And of course we’re here to help if you run into trouble or can’t find an answer there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.