Link Website item with CreditCard Item

Options
pking36330
pking36330
Community Member

I looked through the forum and searched on 'link items' and found one discussion that said linking entries was possible, but didn't say how (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/73180/feature-request-linking-items).

Can you explain how I can make an entry in say a Website item I've saved that is associated with a CreditCard item I have entered. If I'm on the website and entering security info to login, it asks for data in my CreditCard item. How do I associate them so that if I search for one and open it, I know it is linked to/associated with another entry I've made.

1Password Version: 7.0 Beta-9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pking36330

It is possible to link items, but only with 1Password membership vaults. Standalone vaults (e.x. those synced with Dropbox) don’t have the underlying architecture necessary to do linking. You can read more about some of the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If that sounds like something you’re interested in you can learn about migrating here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• pking36330
    pking36330
    Community Member
    Options

Ok Ben, I do have a 1Password for Families and Teams account. So can you point me to instructions on how to link two 1Password entries. I'm quite frustrated that you quit producing a User Manual 'because things change quickly'. That's just an excuse for laziness. Over and over you are asked on these forums for the latest User Manual and you always respond 'use our support forum'. And then when I do, it takes forever to get a straight answer. Please tell me how to link two items.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pking36330 - In any item that's part of a 1password.com account vault, click "Edit" and scroll down to the bottom. You'll see a "Related Items" section, where you can either import a new item as a Document and link it with that record (the one you're in), or you can Link Existing -- which will allow you to choose from items already in your vault(s). But remember, only items in the same 1password.com account can be linked.

This discussion has been closed.